Applications are now opened for the SNNU International Student Scholarship for 2021-2022 academic year. The program has been created by the Shaanxi Normal University to support international students enrolling in postgraduate studies and research on its campuses. This Chinese University scholarship program provide is fully and partially funded schemes.
The program is available for foreign students to study in master’s and PhD degree programs that are offered by the Shaanxi Normal University. All programs are taught in Chinese language at the exception to four PhD programs (Education, Chemistry, Computer Software and Technology, Materials Science) which are taught in English. At master’s degree level, there are three programs (Chinese Philosophy, Cultural Relics Protection Materials, China’s Development and Governance) which are taught in English language.
Funded in 1944, Shaanxi Normal University (SNNU; 山西师范大学 – Shānxī shīfàn dàxué) is a public research university located in Linfen, Shanxi, China. The university has 22 departments and offer a wide range of programs (science, engineering, philosophy, law, economics, literature, history, etc.) at Undergraduate, master’s and PhD degree levels. SNNU hosts around 30,000 students on its three campuses. Shaanxi Normal University is among Chinese universities that have been selected to host Chinese Government Scholarship students.
- Host Institutions: Shaanxi Normal University (SNNU) in China.
- Fields of studies: Eligible fields available on the official page.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: This scholarship only supports master’s students for no more than 3 years or doctoral students for no more than 4 years.
- Target group: Open to non-Chinese citizens.
SNNU International Student Scholarship Benefits
This scholarship program to study at the Shaanxi Normal University provide a fully funded and partially funded schemes as shown below.
A – Tuition free scholarship (Master’s and PhD degree students)
- tuition fee;
- medical insurance;
- quota: 20 (10 for master and 10 for PhD).
B – outstanding student scholarship (Master’s and PhD degree students)
- Half tuition fee;
- quota: unlimited.
C – Full scholarship (PhD degree students only)
- tuition fee;
- medical insurance;
- monthly allowance of 1700 RMB;
- quota: 10.
SNNU International Student Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for the SNNU International Student Scholarship, candidates must be a:
- citizen of a country other than P. R. China, and be in good health;
- bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for master’s programs;
- master’s degree holder under the age of 45 when applying for doctoral programs;
- SCUT Chinese Government Scholarships;
- Chinese Government Scholarship EU Program;
- ANSO Scholarship for International Students in China;
- Siemens China Scholarship for International Students;
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University Scholarships;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University;
Eligible candidates who would like to apply for this scholarship program to study in Asia must click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications. Please upload required document online before the deadline.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, candidates can entirely complete their application online by uploading scanned copies of original application documents. There is no need to send the hard copies to the university. However, candidates will need to bring original copies of application documents for school registration.
- Application Form for Shaanxi Normal University International Student Scholarship (written in Chinese or English);
- Notarized highest diploma (photocopy); Prospective diploma winners must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date;
- Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English);
- Research results. Published thesis, award certificates, etc. to prove their academic achievements and research capabilities;
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English, a minimum of 800 words for master applicants and 1500 words for PhD applicants);
- Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English); Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by professor or associate professor;
- Valid HSK certificate;
- Photocopy of Passport Photo Page;
- Valid Non-criminal Record which has been notarized and translated into Chinese or English;
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy).
Note: Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. Scholarship winners will be notified in July-August.
The application deadline is . For more detail on the SNNU International Student Scholarship, please refer to the university’s website. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.