The University of Melbourne Scholarships (Graduate Research Scholarships) is open for Australian and International student to pursue a graduate research degree program at the university. Approximately 600 scholarships will be awarded in all subject areas that will provide 100% fee remission and up to $110,000.
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public research university in Australia. It makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning and teaching and engagement.
- Host institution: University of Melbourne, Australia.
- Fields of study: Any eligible graduate research degree offered at the University of Melbourne.
- Number of awards: About 600.
- Duration: up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree and up to four years for students undertaking a PhD degree.
- Eligible countries: Open to all Nationalities.
University of Melbourne Scholarships Benefits
The University of Melbourne Scholarships program will provide successful applicants with the followings:
- Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a PhD degree.
- Living allowance of $31,200 per year pro rata (2020 full-time study rate) for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a PhD degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant of $2000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia.
Available Fields of Study for the Scholarship
Available fields of study at Faculties and graduate schools of the University of Melbourne.
- Architecture, Building and Planning (Melbourne School of Design)
- Arts (Faculty of Arts, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Business and Economics (Faculty of Business and Economics, Melbourne Business School, Melbourne School of Professional and Continuing Education )
- Education (Melbourne Graduate School of Education)
- Engineering (Melbourne School of Engineering, School of Computing and Information Systems)
- Fine Arts and Music (Faculty of Fine Arts and Music, Victorian College of the Arts, Melbourne Conservatorium of Music)
- Law (Melbourne Law School, Melbourne School of Government)
- Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences (Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, Melbourne Dental School, Melbourne Medical School, Melbourne School of Health Sciences, Melbourne School of Population and Global Health, Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences, School of Biomedical Sciences)
- Science (Faculty of Science, School of BioSciences, School of Chemistry, School of Earth Sciences, School of Ecosystem and Forest Sciences, School of Geography, School of Mathematics and Statistics, School of Physics)
- Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences (Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences).
University of Melbourne Scholarships Eligibility
To be eligible for the University of Melbourne Scholarships, you need to
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne, or
- be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne.
- Austrian Government Scholarships for International Students;
- KAUST Scholarship 2020 for Master and PhD Students;
- Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for International Students;
- Turkish Diyanet Foundation Scholarship;
- GIST Scholarships for Graduate Students to study in South Korea.
Eligible applicants must follow one of the options below to submit their application:
- If you are a new student and have applied for a graduate research course by the application closing date for that course, you will be automatically considered for the Graduate Research Scholarships.
- If you have accepted a graduate research course offer and deferred commencement in order to be reconsidered for a scholarship, you must submit an online application form by 31 October to be considered for a scholarship in the following year.
- If you are currently enrolled in a graduate research course for which you seek a scholarship, you must submit an online application form by 31 October to be considered for a scholarship in the following year.
The application deadline is . For more detail on the University of Melbourne Scholarships, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.