The University of Melbourne Scholarships (Graduate Research Scholarships) is open for Australian and International student to pursue a graduate research degree program at the university. Approximately 600 scholarships will be awarded in all subject areas that will provide 100% fee remission and up to $110,000.
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public research university in Australia. It makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning and teaching and engagement.
- Host institution: University of Melbourne, Australia.
- Fields of study: Any eligible graduate research degree offered at the University of Melbourne.
- Number of awards: About 600.
- Duration: up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree and up to four years for students undertaking a PhD degree.
- Eligible countries: Open to all Nationalities.
University of Melbourne Scholarships Benefits
The University of Melbourne Scholarships programme will provide successful applicants with the followings:
- Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a PhD degree.
- Living allowance of $30,600 per year pro rata (2019 full-time study rate) for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a PhD degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant of $2000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia
University of Melbourne Scholarships Eligibility
To be eligible for the University of Melbourne Scholarships, you need to
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne, or
- be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne.
- Austrian Government Scholarships for International Students;
- KAUST Scholarship 2020 for Master and PhD Students;
- Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for International Students;
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS)
- Canadian Government Banting Fellowships.
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research).
Eligible applicants must follow one of the options below to submit their application:
- If you are a new student and have applied for a graduate research course by the application closing date for that course, you will be automatically considered for the Graduate Research Scholarships.
- If you have accepted a graduate research course offer and deferred commencement in order to be reconsidered for a scholarship, you must submit an online application form by 31 October to be considered for a scholarship in the following year.
- If you are currently enrolled in a graduate research course for which you seek a scholarship, you must submit an online application form by 31 October to be considered for a scholarship in the following year.
The application deadline is . For more detail on the University of Melbourne Scholarships, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.