Applicants are invited to apply for the 2020-2021 Slovak Government Scholarship. The Slovakia Scholarship (the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic) have been established by the Slovak Republic to the support the mobility of students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists.
The Slovak Government Scholarship for International Students is funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic. This Scholarship is awarded to candidates willing to have a short stay (generally 3 to 10 months) in Slovakia for research or study purpose.
Slovak Government Scholarship Details
- Host Institution(s): Higher education institutions and research organizations in Slovakia.
- Fields of Study: Available fields at host institutions in Slovakia.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: 1 – 2 full semesters (i.e. 4 – 5 or 9 – 10 months) or full 1 – 3 trimesters, in case the academic year is divided into trimesters (i.e. 3 – 4 or 6 – 7 or 9 – 10 months).
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
Slovak Government Scholarship Benefits
The Slovak Government Scholarship is intended to cover international Scholarship holders’ living costs, i.e. the costs related to staying in Slovakia (food, accommodation, etc.), during their study, research/artistic or teaching stay at universities and in research organizations in Slovakia. The scholarship holder can ask for assistance concerning accommodation and formalities related to entering and staying in Slovak Republic.
- university student 400 € per month
- PhD student 734 € per month
- university teacher/researcher/artist:
- without PhD degree (or its equivalent) and less than 4 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist 734 € per month
- with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and less than 10 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist 980 € per month
- with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and more than 10 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist 1,050 € per month
- Reimbursement up to 250 € for costs related to medical examination
- Travel allowance:
- distance up to 350 km – 0 €;
- distance more than 350 km, max. 2,000 km; 250 €;
- distance more than 2,000 km, max. 7,000 km – 500 €;
- distance more than 7,000 km – 1000 €.
Note: To determine the monthly scholarship amount (in case of university teachers, researchers and artists) with regard to their work experience, only work experience until the day of the application deadline is taken into consideration. PhD studies are considered as work experience (max. 6 years of PhD studies can be considered as work experience). Please use this “Distance Calculator” to estimate the distance from your home country to Slovakia.
Slovak Government Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for the Slovak Government Scholarship, applicants must have one of the following profile:
A) Students who:
- are university students at universities outside Slovakia;
- are students of the second level of higher education (master’s students), or are students who at the time of application deadline have already completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same study programme;
- will be on a study stay in Slovakia during their higher education outside Slovakia and who will be accepted by a public, private or state university in Slovakia for an academic mobility to study in Slovakia.
All 3 conditions must be met. This category does not apply to doctoral (PhD) studies (or their equivalent).
B) PhD students whose higher education or scientific training takes place outside Slovakia and who are accepted by a public, private or state university or a research institution in Slovakia eligible to carry out a doctoral study
programme (e.g. the Slovak Academy of Sciences) for an academic mobility to study/conduct research in Slovakia.
C) International university teachers, researchers and artists who are invited to a teaching/research/artistic stay in Slovakia by an institution with a valid certificate of eligibility to carry out research and development, which
is not a business company and it has its headquarters in Slovakia.
You may also be eligible for the:
- HKBU International Postgraduate Scholarship (IPS) in Hong Kong;
- International Academic Scholarship in Switzerland;
- Moroccan-American Commission Fulbright Study Grants;
- Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarship;
- Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI);
- Full and Partial USTB Chancellor Scholarships.
Please submit your application by using the apply button and following given instructions. The Online application system is opened at least 6 weeks prior to the application deadline. Applications can be filled in only in case that the online application system has already been opened.
The application deadline is . For more detail on the Slovak Government Scholarship for International Students, please visit the official page.