Candidates are invited to apply for the 2020-2021 University of Twente Kipaji Scholarship. The Kipaji Scholarship is created for talented students from countries with upcoming economies, like in parts of South America, Africa and Asia.
The scholarship is available for students from DAC countries who could have the potential, but not the means to study at the University of Twente in Netherlands. Kipaji Scholarship support students who also receive a University of Twente Scholarship.
- Host Institution: University of Twente in Netherlands.
- Fields of Study: Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Business Administration, Business Information Technology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering & Management, Communication Science, Computer Science, Construction Management & Engineering, Educational Science & Technology, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, Environmental & Energy Management, European Studies, Health Sciences, Industrial Design Engineering, Industrial Engineering & Management, Interaction Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Nanotechnology, Philosophy of Science, Technology & Society, Psychology, Public Administration, Science Education and Communication, Social Sciences and Humanities Education, Sustainable Energy Technology, Systems & Control, Technical Medicine, Water Technology.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Not specified.
- Target group: Open for citizens of following countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo – Kinshasa, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Niger, North Korea, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, São Tomé & Príncipe, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
University of Twente Kipaji Scholarship Benefits
The Scholarship will provide Selected candidates with up to € 12,000.
Please note: This scholarship is meant as a compensation for study related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money. No costs (e.g. tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf.
University of Twente Kipaji Scholarship Eligibility
To apply to the University of Twente Kipaji Scholarship, candidates should meet all requirements of University of Twente Scholarship. Additionally, applicants must:
- have the nationality of one of the countries listed above;
- receive a (partial) University of Twente Scholarship. The Kipaji Scholarship can ensure that they receive a full scholarship;
- have achieved good grades for their pre-master programme (average of 8);
- submit a motivation letter stating how they intend to use their studies at the University of Twente to increase/enhance the scientific level or for entrepreneurial purposes in their home country.
You may also be eligible for the:
- Japan and World Bank Scholarship for Developing Countries;
- Canada-CARICOM Scholarship for International Students;
- Bilkent UNAM Scholarship in Turkey;
- OWSD PhD Fellowships for Women Scientists;
- University of Jinan Scholarship for International Students;
- Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI).
Interested applicants who would like to apply for Kipaji Scholarship need to be a recipient of the University of Twente Scholarship (UTS).
The faculty of the programme nominates you for a Kipaji Scholarship. Upon request from the faculty you may need to submit a motivation letter stating how you intend to use your studies at the University of Twente to increase/enhance the scientific level or for entrepreneurial purposes in their home country. Please indicate in your motivation letter that you apply for Kipaji Scholarship.
The application deadline is . For more detail on the University of Twente Kipaji Scholarship, please visit the official page.