Candidates are invited to apply for the 2021-2022 University of Twente Kipaji Scholarship. The Kipaji Scholarship is created for talented students from countries with upcoming economies, like in parts of South America, Africa and Asia. The scholarship has been created by a couple of alumni of the University of Twente and supported by the staff and alumni of the University of Twente through an annual fundraising campaign.
The scholarship is available for students from DAC countries who could have the potential, but not the means to study at the University of Twente in the Netherlands. Kipaji Scholarship support students who also receive a University of Twente Scholarship.
Founded in 1961, the University of Twente (University of Twente – UT) is a public technical university located in Enschede, the Netherlands. The university mainly offers English-taught Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs focused on technology. With nearly 30% of its student body from abroad, the university has students from 80 different countries.
- Host Institution: University of Twente in Netherlands.
- Fields of Study: Eligible master’s degree programmes (Please check list below).
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Not specified.
- Target group: Open for citizens of following countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo – Kinshasa, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Niger, North Korea, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, São Tomé & Príncipe, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
University of Twente Kipaji Scholarship Benefits
The Scholarship will provide Selected candidates with up to € 12,000.
Please note: This scholarship is meant as a compensation for study related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money. No costs (e.g. tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf.
Eligible Master’s Programmes
Below is the list of Master’s programmes that are eligible for this scholarship.
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering & Management
- Communication Science
- Computer Science
- Construction Management & Engineering
- Educational Science & Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Environmental & Energy Management
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering & Management
- Interaction Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Philosophy of Science, Technology & Society
- Public Administration
- Science Education and Communication
- Social Sciences and Humanities Education
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems & Control
- Technical Medicine
- Water Technology.
University of Twente Kipaji Scholarship Eligibility
To apply to the University of Twente Kipaji Scholarship, candidates should meet all requirements of University of Twente Scholarship. Additionally, applicants must:
- have the nationality of one of the countries listed above;
- receive a (partial) University of Twente Scholarship. The Kipaji Scholarship can ensure that they receive a full scholarship;
- have achieved good grades for their pre-master programme (average of 8);
- submit a motivation letter stating how they intend to use their studies at the University of Twente to increase/enhance the scientific level or for entrepreneurial purposes in their home country.
- ENS International Selection Scholarship for All;
- Skoltech Scholarship in Russia For Local and International Students;
- Holland Scholarship for Non-EEA International Students;
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship To Study in Canada;
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University Scholarships;
- Ashinaga Africa Initiative to Support Orphaned Students;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at HIT.
Interested applicants who would like to apply for Kipaji Scholarship need to be a recipient of the University of Twente Scholarship (UTS).
The faculty of the programme nominates you for a Kipaji Scholarship. Upon request from the faculty you may need to submit a motivation letter stating how you intend to use your studies at the University of Twente to increase/enhance the scientific level or for entrepreneurial purposes in their home country. Please indicate in your motivation letter that you apply for Kipaji Scholarship.
The application deadline is . For more detail on the University of Twente Kipaji Scholarship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.