Applications for the ENS International Selection Scholarship for the academic year 2020-2021 is now open. The École Normale Supérieure aims at varying its students’ profiles and incorporates students to be enrolled in the 3rd year of bachelor in Math and in Computing science (licence 3) or 1st year of master (master 1), coming from all over the world and from all disciplines.
The competitive examination of the International selection is intended to young graduates in Arts & Humanities as well as Sciences, who justify at least of one year undergraduate studies in a foreign university and distinguish themselves with outstanding results.
Founded in 1794 and renamed in 1845, the École Normale Supérieure (ENS) is one of the most prestigious graduate schools in Paris, France. ENS has two main sections (literary and scientific) and has become a place for few French students to pursue careers in government and academia. The university’s alumni include 14 Nobel Prize laureates, 12 Fields Medalists, more than half the recipients of the CNRS’s Gold Medal (France’s highest scientific prize), several hundred members of the Institute de France, and scores of politicians and statesmen.
- Host Institution: École Normale Supérieure (ENS) in France.
- Field of Study: Sciences, Arts and Humanities.
- Number of positions: 20 (ENS opens 10 positions in Sciences and 10 positions in Arts & Humanities).
- Duration: 3 years.
- Target group: Open to all nationalities.
ENS International Selection Scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates for the ENS International Selection Scholarships will be provided with the following benefits:
- Training of excellence, through contact with exceptional researchers, in a privileged research environment,
- Integrated to the community of the normaliens,
- Receive a 1000 euros/month grant for 3 years,
- Be accommodated on one of the ENS campuses,
- Be graduated with a master degree in your domain and with the diploma of École normale supérieure.
ENS International Selection Scholarship Eligibility
In order to qualify for a place on the ENS International Selection Scholarship candidates:
- must be under 26 when they apply (must not have reached their 26th birthday)
- apply only once to the International Selection
- must not have lived in France more than 10 months during the academic year of the selection (September 1st– August 31st) nor the previous year.
- must justify at least one year of undergraduate studies awarded by a foreign university (outside France) during the calendar year preceding the start of applications.
- justify at least two years of undergraduate studies in a foreign university (outside France), on the 1st of September following admission.
Note: On rare occasions, the Director of ENS may authorize applications from candidates whose academic background is non-standard.
- Skoltech Scholarship in Russia For Local and International Students;
- Holland Scholarship for Non-EEA International Students;
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship To Study in Canada;
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University Scholarships;
- Ashinaga Africa Initiative to Support Orphaned Students;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at HIT;
- Turkish Government Research Scholarship.
Interested applicants who would like to be considered for the ENS International Selection Scholarship are required to click on the apply button and follow instructions to apply. Applicants must also upload required documents.
- Passport-1st page only (for non-European candidates) or ID card (for European candidates)
- High school diploma
- University transcript
- Curriculum vitae – written in French
- Motivation letter (1 to 3 pages long, font : Times New Roman, 12 pt and 1.5 line spacing) – written in French
- 2 to 4 Email addresses of referees who could recommend the candidate
- Study project in terms of education and, if applicable, research (maximum 10 000 characters including spaces – only for Arts & Humanities applicants).
The application deadline is for Arts and Humanities applicants and for Sciences applicants. For more detail on the ENS International Selection Scholarship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.