Applications for the ENS International Selection Scholarship for the academic year 2024-2025 will be received from October 17 to December 11, 2023. The École Normale Supérieure aims at varying its students’ profiles and incorporates students to be enrolled in the 3rd year of bachelor’s in Math and in Computing science (license 3) or 1st year of master (master 1), coming from all over the world and from all disciplines.
The competitive examination of the international selection is intended for young graduates in Arts & Humanities as well as Sciences, who justify at least one-year undergraduate studies in a foreign university and distinguish themselves with outstanding results.
Founded in 1794 and renamed in 1845, the École Normale Supérieure (ENS) is one of the most prestigious graduate schools in Paris, France. ENS has two main sections (literary and scientific) and has become a place for a few French students to pursue careers in government and academia. The university’s alumni include 14 Nobel Prize laureates, 12 Fields Medalists, more than half the recipients of the CNRS’s Gold Medal (France’s highest scientific prize), several hundred members of the Institute de France, and scores of politicians and statesmen.
- Host Institution: École Normale Supérieure (ENS) in France.
- Field of Study: Sciences, Arts and Humanities.
- Number of positions: 20 (ENS opens 10 positions in sciences and 10 positions in Arts & Humanities).
- Duration: 3 years.
- Target group: Open to all nationalities.
ENS International Selection Scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates for this Europe scholarship program will be provided with the following benefits:
- Training of excellence, through contact with exceptional researchers, in a privileged research environment,
- Integrated to the community of the normaliens,
- Receive a 1000 euros/month grant for 3 years,
- Be accommodated on one of the ENS campuses,
- Be graduated with a master degree in your domain and with the diploma of École normale supérieure.
Also Check : Radboud Encouragement Scholarship, 2024-2025
ENS International Selection Scholarship Eligibility
In order to qualify for a place on the ENS International Selection Scholarship candidates:
- must be under 26 when they apply (must not have reached their 26th birthday)
- apply only once to the International Selection
- must not have lived in France more than 10 months during the academic year of the selection (September 1st– August 31st) nor the previous year.
- must justify at least one year of undergraduate studies awarded by a foreign university (outside France) during the calendar year preceding the start of applications.
- justify at least two years of undergraduate studies in a foreign university (outside France), on the 1st of September following admission.
Note : On rare occasions, the Director of ENS may authorize applications from candidates whose academic background is non-standard.
- UK Government Chevening Scholarships for Foreign Students;
- University of Lausanne Master’s Scholarship for Foreign Students;
- Ashinaga Africa Initiative to Support Orphaned Students.
Why study at the École Normale Supérieure?
Please watch the presentation video below to see if École Normale Supérieure is what you’re looking for.
How to Apply for the École Normale Supérieure Scholarship?
Interested applicants who would like to be considered for this university scholarship are required to click on the apply button and follow instructions to fill in the initial application form. You will receive a link to the application portal in a few days. You will then use the link to submit your application with the required documents.
- Detailed editable application form (editable form, download and save before filling it out) – Click here to download the form
- Passport-1st page only (for non-European candidates) or ID card (for European candidates)
- High school diploma
- University transcript
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter (1 to 3 pages long, font: Times New Roman, 12 pt and 1.5 line spacing) – written either in French or in English
- 2 to 4 letters of recommendation sent by email by your referees; Editable sample (with email address) to download HERE
- Research project of 3 pages maximum (10 000 characters including spaces). This is not a cover letter but a research project: it should address a well-defined topic and deal with a core issue, then develop a set of arguments and provide a few hypotheses. The material the research project relies on (e.g., fieldwork, corpus, database, archives, etc.) has to be precisely described. The research project refers to existing scientific literature while selecting a small range of relevant and informed references. This project includes a bibliography (list of 10 books, including articles or literary works you have read and which turned out to be important in your intellectual career). It comes in addition to the study project. – written in French; Candidates in Economics, Linguistics or Cognitive studies can submit their project either in French or in English
All these documents must be deposited, merged as a unique Pdf, on a platform whose link will be sent once you have filled your initial application form. This unique pdf must be named “Family Name-Given Name.pdf”.
Note : All required documents above (except the recommendation letters) must be deposited, merged as a unique Pdf, on a platform whose link will be sent once you have filled out your initial application form. This unique pdf must be named “Family Name-Given Name.pdf”
- If your file is complete, it is submitted to the jury.
- If the jury selects your dossier, you are invited to take written and oral tests.
- The marks obtained at the tests determine the list of admitted students.
Applicants interested in the Department of Cognitive Studies (DEC) can apply using the Science or Arts & Humanities forms indiscriminately. This document shows the differences between these 2 options. All candidates MUST contact the DEC in order to choose the right way, based on their personal academic background.
The applications will be received from to . For more details on the ENS International Selection Scholarship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.