Application are finally opened for the UK Government Chevening Scholarships. The Chevening UK Scholarships enable outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year Master’s degrees in the UK. The program is looking for the kind of people who have the passion, ideas, and influence to provide the solutions and leadership needed to create a better future.
Applicants can choose from more than 12,000 Master Courses offered by more than 150 United Kingdom higher education institutions. Last year, around 1,650 Chevening Scholarships were to nationals of eligible countries.
The program is fully-funded and allow fellows to focus on achieving their professional goals and maximizing the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK. On completing your studies, you will leave the UK equipped with the knowledge and networks necessary to bring your own ideas to life.
Majority of the Test centers are closed due to the health situation in the world. Therefore, The Chevening English language requirement has been removed for applicants applying to study in 2021-2022. Candidates will not need to provide evidence that they meet the Chevening English language requirement to be eligible for an award.
- Host Institution(s): Any university in the UK.
- Number of awards: Around 1,500 scholarship.
- Fields of study: See note below.
- Duration: One year.
- Eligible Countries: Open to citizens of following countries:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Bermuda, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan.
Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montserrat, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, North Macedonia, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Caucasus, South Korea, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
UK Government Chevening Scholarships Benefits
The Chevening UK Scholarships for International Students is a fully funded program that provides successful applicants with the followings:
- university tuition fees ;
- a monthly stipend ;
- travel costs to and from the UK ;
- an arrival allowance ;
- a homeward departure allowance ;
- the cost of one visa application ;
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
In order to be eligible, the courses you choose must be full-time, and:
- Start in the autumn term (usually September/October) ;
- Taught master’s (i.e. not research-focused MRes programmes) ;
- Lead to a master’s degree qualification ;
- Based in the UK.
Courses cannot be:
- Part-time ;
- Distance learning ;
- Less than nine months in duration ;
- More than 12 months in duration ;
- PhD or DPhil ;
- Taught with more than one month of study outside the UK.
UK Government Chevening Scholarships Eligibility
To be eligible for Chevening UK Scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an Undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years of work experience (equivalent to 2,800 hours) .
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15 July 2021.
- Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme;
- Canadian Government Banting Fellowships;
- Turkish Government Research Scholarship;
- Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships (Master – PhD);
- Brazilian Government Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries;
- Slovak Government Scholarship for International Students;
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research).
Please submit your application by using the apply button below and following instructions. Your Chevening application must list three courses, and they must be courses that are eligible for a Chevening Scholarship. You will need to apply separately for your course via the university that runs the course. Your Chevening application does not constitute an application to your chosen courses.
The deadline to submit applications is . To know more about the UK Government Chevening Scholarships, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.