The Fulbright Irish Awards annually provides grants and support for Irish citizens, and E.U. citizens (resident in RoI for 3+ years), to undertake research, study or lecturing in the United States. Fulbright Student Awardees can go to the U.S. to complete a Masters or PhD (degree-seeking award) at a U.S. institution or conduct research as part of a current postgraduate program in Ireland or the E.U.; visiting researcher awards.
Preference will be given to visiting researcher applicants in the latter stages of their PhDs. There are four types of Fulbright grants available during this application period: Student, Scholar, TechImpact Scholar and FLTA (Foreign Language Teaching Assistant).
- Area: Specified areas on the official page.
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Duration: 2 Weeks to 12 Months.
- Target group: Open to Irish and E.U. citizens.
Fulbright Irish Awards Benefits
The Fulbright Irish Awards provides the following benefits:
- a monetary grant that is based on the location and duration of the award
- accident and emergency insurance
- cultural and professional programming. All successful applicants will be required to attend a pre-departure orientation in Dublin
- a requirement to submit reports
- and J-1 visa administration. Awardees MUST comply with THE TWO-YEAR HOME-COUNTRY RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT associated with the J-1 visa. Awardees will not be eligible for a U.S. residency or work visa until they have fulfilled the J-1 visa two-year home residency requirement.
Fulbright Irish Awards Eligibility
To be eligible for the Fulbright Irish Awards, All applicants must:
- be an Irish Citizen, or E.U. citizen living in the Republic of Ireland for the past 3+ years
- be a current or prospective postgraduate student with a minimum 2.1
- possess leadership qualities and potential
- have a clear understanding of what it means to be a Fulbrighter
- not be a dual U.S.-Irish citizen, green card holder, or currently living in the U.S., or already have extensive experience of studying or living in the U.S.
- not already have extensive experience of studying or living in the U.S.
- Satisfy specific eligibility criteria of selected programme.
Candidate that are interested to apply for the Fulbright Irish Awards must follow the steps below:
- Register their interest to receive a link to the online application system,
- Apply as a Student, Scholar, TechImpact Scholar or FLTA,
- Apply separately to US institution for Masters / PhD program or seek letter of affiliation.
- Personal Information & CV
- Written Statements
- Samples of work for visual/performing artists.
The deadline to submit applications is . For more detail on the Fulbright Irish Awards, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.