Application for the University Twente Scholarship (UTS) for the 2020-2021 master’s degree students is now open. The UTS is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a Master’s programme at the University of Twente.
- Host Institution: University of Twente.
- Fields of Study: Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Business Administration, Business Information Technology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Management, Communication Studies, Computer Science, Construction Management and Engineering, Educational Science and Technology, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, Environmental and Energy Management, European Studies, Health Sciences, Human Media Interaction, Industrial Design Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management, Internet Science & Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Nanotechnology, Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society, Psychology, Public Administration, Sustainable Energy Technology, Systems and Control.
- Number of awards: Around 50.
- Duration: up to two years.
- Target group: Open to all nationals.
University Twente Scholarship Benefits
The Scholarship will provide Selected candidates with € 3,000 – € 25,000 for one year (approximately 50 scholarships available). If you have applied for a two-year programme, make sure you meet the requirement to receive the scholarship the second year:
- An average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year
- At least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year
Note: This scholarship is meant as a compensation for study related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money. No costs (e.g. tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf.
University Twente Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for the Scholarship, applicants must meet following criteria:
- Application for an UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programmes starting in the academic year 2020/2021 (September).
- You must have a student number.
- You have not graduated from a UT (under)graduate programme;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study loan;
- The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class.
Note: The UTS is not available for Dutch and/or current UT students. This programme is also not available for Master’s programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC).
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the University Twente Scholarship must submit their application, using the apply button below.
The deadline is February 1, 2020 for the first round and May 1, 2020 for the second. For more detail on the University Twente Scholarship, please visit the official page.