Applicants are invited to apply to the 2022-2023 Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program. This scholarship to study in Canada provides faculty or international liaison officers/managers from post-secondary institutions located in the CARICOM member and associate member states with short-term exchange opportunities for professional development, graduate study or research at Canadian post-secondary institutions.
The Canada-CARICOM Leadership Scholarships is based on agreements created between colleges, technical or vocational institutions, and universities. Candidates must be registered as full-time students in their home institution at the time of application and during the entire duration of their study or research stay in Canada.
CARICOM Scholarship program aims to enhance the skill sets required to advance the development and sustainability of CARICOM countries while strengthening the linkages between post-secondary institutions in Canada and those in the region. This scholarship program is funded by the Global Affairs Canada through its legal title: the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade, and Development (DFATD).
- Host Institutions: Colleges, technical/vocational institutes and universities in Canada.
- Eligible Programs: The Study in Canada Scholarships program is open to all disciplines in Canadian institutions.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Up to six months.
- Eligible countries: The scholarship is open for citizens of the following countries: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, and Turks and Caicos.
Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program Benefits
The Canada-CARICOM scholarship value varies depending on the duration and level of study and is as follows:
- CAD 3,200 for faculty members for two to three weeks of course work or research as part of their professional development;
- CAD 3,200 for international directors, managers or administrators for two to three weeks of course work or practicum in the area of internationalization or student mobility as part of their professional development; or
- CAD 11,100 for faculty members for five to six months of study or research at the graduate level.
The scholarship will be used for the following eligible expenses
- visa and/or study/work permit fees;
- airfare, for the scholarship recipient only, to travel to Canada by the most direct and economical route and return airfare upon completion of the scholarship;
- health insurance;
- living expenses, such as accommodation, utilities and food;
- ground transportation expenses, including a public transportation pass; and
- books and supplies required for the recipient’s study or research, excluding computers and other equipment.
Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program Eligibility
To apply for this North America scholarship program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- must be employed full-time as faculty or international liaison officers/managers at a post-secondary institution in the eligible countries/territories at the time of application and for the entire duration of their stay in Canada;
- who hold Canadian citizenship or permanent residency, or who have a pending application for permanent residency in Canada are not eligible;
- already participating in an exchange scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada are not eligible; and
- already enrolled in a program at a Canadian post-secondary institution are not eligible.
- 100+ Scholarships Offered by Canada Universities for All;
- 50 Governments Scholarships for International Students;
- Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students list;
- Top 25 Scholarships to Study in Asia.
How to Apply for the Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program
Eligible applicants who would like to apply for this scholarship to study in Canada must:
- make their interest known;
- find out if there is an existing institutional collaboration or exchange agreement between their home institution and a Canadian institution;
- request information from their home institution about the application process and selection criteria specific to the Canadian partner institution; and
- ensure they meet the eligibility requirements.
Canadian institutions will submit applications on behalf of candidates.
Scholarship recipients must begin their studies or research between August 1, 2022 and February 1, 2023. Please send all inquiries to: [email protected].
The Application deadline is . Canadian institutions will be able to apply on behalf of eligible students. For more detail on the Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.