Application for the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships (GOI-IES) is now opened. The Government of Ireland GOI-IES Scholarships are awarded to outstanding international students from non-European Union (EU)/European Economic Area (EEA) countries or Switzerland to pursue a Bachelors’s, Masters’s, or PhD Degree in Ireland.
The Ireland Government Scholarship is tenable at selected Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and in any disciplines for a periode of one year. The GOI-IES scholarship aims to reflect Ireland’s engagement to support partner countries.
- Host institutions: Athlone Institute of Technology, College of Computing Technology (Dublin), Cork Institute of Technology, Dublin Business School, Dublin City University, Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology, Dundalk Institute of Technology, Galway Business School, Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology, Griffith College (Dublin), ICD Business School (Dublin), Independent College (Dublin), Institute of Technology (Carlow), Institute of Technology (Sligo), Institute of Technology (Tralee), Letterkenny Institute of Technology, Limerick Institute of Technology, Mary Immaculate College (Limerick), Maynooth University, National College of Art and Design (Dublin), National College of Ireland (Dublin), National University of Ireland (Galway), National University of Ireland (Maynooth), Royal College of Surgeons, Technological University for Dublin, Trinity College Dublin, University College Cork, University College Dublin, University of Limerick, Waterford Institute of Technology.
- Fields of Study: Fields of study available at chosen universities.
- Number of Awards: 60.
- Duration : one year.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities at the exception of candidates having legal and permanent residency in European Union (EU)/European Economic Area (EEA) countries or Switzerland.
Government of Ireland GOI-IES Scholarships Benefits
Selected candidates for the Government of Ireland Scholarships will have the following benefits:
- An amount of €10,000 for one study year. This fund is directed at covering student costs and living expenses. The scholarship may be for:
- the final year of an undergraduate programme;
- one year of a taught master’s degree programme or;
- one year of a research programme (i.e. one year of a 2-year research masters or a 3-4-year PhD programme).
- The scholarship stipend will be transferred to the host higher education institution (HEI) of the successful student and forwarded by that HEI to the scholar in two payments of €5,000.
- The HEI will be required to give a FULL fee waiver to the student for the scholarship year (i.e. tuition fee and registration charge are waived). This is the minimum matching funding requirement that institutions will be required to make to the scholarship scheme.
Government of Ireland GOI-IES Scholarships Eligibility
To apply for the Government of Ireland GOI-IES Scholarships , candidates must have the following profile:
- Possess excellence (academically, personally, professionally, creatively);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Extra curriculum activities (for example: humanitarian work; politics-local, national, international; arts; sports);
- Possess strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES fits into their longer-term goals.
Note: The scheme priorities the selection of students who are in the process of applying to come to Ireland for the academic year 2020-2021.
You may also be eligible for the:
- Slovak Government Scholarship for International Students;
- International Academic Scholarship in Switzerland;
- Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarship;
- Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI).
Eligible applicants for the Government of Ireland GOI-IES Scholarships should hit the apply button below to access the online application platform and follow instructions to submit their application.
Applicants will need to apply for admission to a relevant Bachelor, Master or PhD programme offered by an eligible Higher Education Institution. Applicants are expected to have a conditional or final offer of admission to the HEI at the time of application and will be required to submit a copy of same.
Any questions regarding the call for applications should be submitted to [email protected].
The deadline to submit applications has been extended to . For more information on the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships, please visit the official page.