The application call for the TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Scholarship is now open. The Taiwan Government scholarship aims to help partner countries achieve sustainable development. This is done by training their workforce which is essential to develop a country. The TaiwanICDF scholarship is available for research or studies at Undergraduate, graduate and PhD levels within partner universities in Taiwan.
If you discover any mistakes or typos in your printed form, you can apply again (please remember to type carefully). However, you will need to take your final, corrected forms to the ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate General/ Representative Office for their first review. Please be aware that your printed forms must be identical to the information you saved in the online system, since the ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate General/ Representative Office may refer to both versions during their first review.
- Host Institution: Partner Universities in Taiwan.
- Eligible Program: Bachelors, Masters or PhD Program in a wide range of fields of study offered at participating Taiwanese Universities.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Program duration.
- Target group: Open to citizens of the following countries: Asia Pacific (Fiji, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Myanmar, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tuvalu, Vietnam); West Asia (Jordan, Mongolia, Russia, Turkey); Africa (Eswatini, Côte d’Ivoire, South Africa, Somaliland); Caribbean (Haiti, Saint Christopher (St. Kitts) and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines); Central America (Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua); South America (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay); Europe (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia, Kosovo, Poland, Hungary, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania).
Taiwan Government scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates for the TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Scholarship will have the following benefits:
- Airfare: The TaiwanICDF arranges economy class, return tickets for the most-direct flights to and from Taiwan.
- Housing: All students must reside in student dormitories.
- Tuition fees: The TaiwanICDF covers tuition fees as required by a student’s university.
- Credit fees: Credit fees, which vary with the number of credits registered, are also covered as required by a student’s university.
- Insurance: In addition to the mandatory student safety insurance set by the Ministry of Education, each student must be insured for accident and medical coverage while in Taiwan. The TaiwanICDF covers insurance fees for the entire duration of a student’s program.
- Textbook costs: The costs of textbooks purchased as required by instructors are covered by the TaiwanICDF, subject to the approval of the director of the student’s institute.
- Undergraduate Program: Each student receives NT$12,000 per month as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses.
- Master’s Program: Each student receives NT$15,000 per month as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses.
- PhD Program: Each student receives NT$17,000 per month as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses. A student’s host institute may offer to continue paying this monthly allowance for courses exceeding four years; the duration and amount will be determined by the host institute.
Taiwan Government scholarship Eligibility
To apply for the TaiwanICDF Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a country on the List of Countries Eligible for TaiwanICDF Scholarship, and satisfy any specific criteria established by his or her country and/or government of citizenship.
- Neither be a national of the Republic of China (Taiwan) nor an overseas compatriot student.
- Satisfy the admission requirements of the partner university to which he or she has applied to study under a TaiwanICDF scholarship.
- Be able to satisfy all requirements for a Resident Visa (The scholarship will be revoked if an applicant cannot satisfy the visa requirements).
- Upon accepting a TaiwanICDF scholarship, not hold any other Taiwan government-sponsored scholarship (such as the Taiwan Scholarship) in the same academic year in which the TaiwanICDF scholarship would be due to commence.
- Not be applying for another TaiwanICDF scholarship in unbroken succession —to apply for a 2021 scholarship, applicants who have already held a TaiwanICDF scholarship, MOFA’s Taiwan Scholarship or an MOE scholarship must have graduated before July 31, 2020.
- Have never had any scholarship revoked by any ROC (Taiwan) government agency or related institution, nor been expelled from any Taiwanese university.
- Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship;
- Government of Azerbaijan Scholarship for International Students;
- Government of Romania Scholarship;
- Chinese Government Scholarship;
- Swedish Government Scholarship.
Why Study in Taiwan?
Please watch the video below to have an idea on this Taiwan government scholarship.
Candidates who would like to apply for this scholarship to study in Asia must click on the apply button, create an account and follow instructions to fill the online form. Once completed, they must click on the “Finish & Print” button to download the form. Then submit the application form, together with required documents, to the ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/Consulate General/ Representative Office in their country. Applicants must ensure that they submit accurate and complete documentation; failure to do so will result in the application not being processed.
- A photocopy of applicant’s passport or other document showing proof of nationality.
- A photocopy of applicant’s highest-level diploma and academic transcripts.
- A photocopy of applicant’s English proficiency certificate.
- Two letters of reference.
- Any other documents specifically requested by an ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate General/ Representative Office.
In addition to the above documents requested as part of their scholarship application, applicants should also submit all documents required by the TaiwanICDF partner university that they are applying to before the admission deadline of that university. For detailed information on such documents, please refer to the 2021 TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Scholarship Program Brochure.
The application deadline is . For more detail on the Taiwan Government scholarship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.