The application call for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic year is now open. The program is open for international students willing to study or conduct their university research in Brunei.
This scholarship program to study in Asia is fully funded and aims to provide applicants with the opportunity to undertake a diploma, undergraduate and master’s degree at higher educational institutions in the Nation of Brunei.
- Host Institution: Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD), Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA), Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and Politeknik Brunei (PB) in Brunei.
- Eligible Program: Diploma, undergraduate and Master’s degree.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Program duration.
- Target group: Open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship will have the following benefits:
- exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the program;
- round trip economy class air-ticket ;
- a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
- a monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
- an annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
- accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
- comprehensive insurance for the whole duration of the Scholarship;
- The scholarship shall not be held concurrently with any other scholarship.
Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for the Brunei Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs on the 31st July 2021.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
- Eligible programs and admission requirements
- Government of Azerbaijan Scholarship for International Students;
- Government of Romania Scholarship;
- Government of Hungary Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship;
- Chinese Government Scholarship;
- French Government Scholarship;
- Swedish Government Scholarship.
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the scholarship must follow steps below:
- Download the application form and fill it;
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country;
- Applicants are required to also submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges);
- The completed application forms are to be emailed to the following address: [email protected].
The application deadline is . For more detail on the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.