Applications are opened for the Helmut Veith Stipend in Computer Science for Females. The scholarship is available for motivated female students in the field of computer science who pursue (or plan to pursue) one of the Master’s programs in Computer Science at TU Wien taught in English.
The Vienna Center for Logic and Algorithms (VCLA) is an initiative of Technische Universität Wien – TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology) in Austria. Located at the Faculty of Informatics of TU Wien, the Center is promoting international scientific collaboration in logic and algorithms.
The Helmut Veith Stipend is dedicated to the memory of an outstanding computer scientist who worked in the fields of logic in computer science, computer-aided verification, software engineering, and computer security. Helmut Veith, who tragically passed away in March 2016, was a strong advocate and mentor for women in computer science.
- Host institutions: Technische Universität Wien – TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology), Austria.
- Fields of Study: Master in Logic and Computation, Master in Business Informatics, Master in Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik), Master in Data Science, Master in Media and Human-Centered Computing.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Duration of the master’s program.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
Helmut Veith Stipend in Computer Science Benefits
Selected candidates for the Helmut Veith Stipend will be awarded the following benefits:
- EUR 6000 annually for a duration of up to two years.
- Waiver of all tuition fees at TU Wien.
Helmut Veith Stipend in Computer Science Eligibility
To apply for the Helmut Veith Stipend, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be eligible for admission to one of the master’s programs in computer science at TU Wien that are taught in English
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (Bologna first cycle) or equivalent degree
- Extensive knowledge and interest in (at least one of) Helmut Veith’s areas of research:
- Logic in Computer Science
- Formal Methods and Verification
- Foundations of Artificial Intelligence
- Algorithms and Complexity Theory
- Computer Security
- Proficiency in English
While applications for funding can be filed before or in parallel with the admissions process, the funding will only be awarded to applicants who have been unconditionally admitted to the Master’s program. An application for funding does not replace the admissions process; neither does a conditional offer of funding entitle the applicant to study at TU Wien.
- Government of the Czech Republic Scholarship;
- The Gates Scholarship Program to Study in the USA;
- Pan African University Scholarships for Youths;
How to Apply for the Helmut Veith Stipend?
Eligible candidates who would like to apply for this university scholarship program must submit their applications by email to [email protected] with the subject “Application” as a single PDF document. The name of the PDF file needs to be “document.pdf”.
- Cover Letter, describing the type of funding the student is applying for, and all other aspects the student deems relevant for the application;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Motivation Letter, describing the reasons why the student wants to study in the chosen program, why funding is necessary, and with which groups of the faculty the student would be interested to work during their master’s thesis and why;
- Reports on university examinations (transcripts);
- Diplomas and/or certificates (first degree, Bachelor’s degree, or higher). If the final academic certificate is not yet available at the time of the application deadline, a preliminary certificate (indicating the type of degree and the expected graduation date) signed and stamped by the degree-awarding university must be provided;
- Contact details of two referees (for letters of recommendation);
- English language certificate (TOEFL or similar);
- Copy of passport;
Note : A certified translation needs to be provided for documents that are not in German or English.
The deadline for applications is . For more details on the Helmut Veith Stipend in Computer Science, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.