Applications are being received for the Mohamed Bin Zayed University Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence. This scholarship program to study in Asia is fully funded and aims to attract both local and international students for master and doctoral degree studies at the Mohamed Bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence in the United Arab Emirates. The program accepts candidates from all countries who hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and other relevant Engineering majors, without the need of prior working experience.
All admitted students at the MBZUAI university will be provided with a full scholarship that includes monthly allowance, health insurance, accommodation etc. The university will also secure internships to its students through a collaboration with local and global companies.
Founded in 2019, Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI) is a graduate-level, research based academic institution that is located in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The institution is a modern and innovative university that offers graduate programs in Artificial Intelligence to meet the market needs, with an aim to help students tackle some challenges of our time and succeed in their career. You may also check the list of Top Scholarships to Study in Arab Countries for foreign students.
- Host Institution: Mohamed Bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI), United Arab Emirates.
- Field of Study: available graduate programs at the university (Master of science and PhD in Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing).
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: depends on the candidate’s program.
- Target group: Open to national and international students.
Mohamed Bin Zayed University Scholarship Benefits
Mohamed Bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence provide a full scholarship to its admitted students. Therefore, all admitted students on full-time basis will be able to complete their study with the following benefits:
- 100% tuition fees,
- health insurance and,
- other benefits.
Mohamed Bin Zayed University Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for this scholarship to study in the Mohamed Bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence, applicants should meet the following criteria.
- hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a S.T.E.M field such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and other relevant Science and Engineering majors, from a university accredited or recognized by the UAE Ministry of Education (MoE).
- have a minimum CGPA of 3.2 (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent for Master’s and PhD applicants OR.
- have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent for joint Master-PhD applicants.
- Applicants must provide their completed degree certificates and transcripts (in English) when submitting their application. Students who are in their last year of graduation can apply using their transcript and expected graduation letter. Upon admission, they must submit a completed degree certificate and transcript.
- English Language Proficiency:
- Standard TOEFL iBT with a minimum total score of 90
- IELTS Academic with a minimum overall score of 6.5
- EmSAT English with a minimum score of 1550
- TOEFL iBT and IELTS Academic certificates are valid for two (2) years from the date of the exam while EmSAT results are valid for eighteen (18) months:
- UK, USA, Australia, and New Zealand applicants who completed their studies from K-12 until Bachelor’s degree can be exempted from English exams requirement
- A valid Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test certificate is optional for Master’s and PhD applicants while it’s compulsory for joint Master-PhD applicants with the following minimum scores:
- 150 in Verbal Reasoning
- 150 in Quantitative Reasoning
- 3.0 in Analytical Writing
Why study at the Mohamed Bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence?
Please watch the video below to see if the MBZUAI University is what you’re looking for.
- KAUST Scholarship for Master and PhD Students;
- Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for International Students;
- Australia Awards Scholarships for Development;
- SUSTech Integrated Master-PhD and PhD Scholarships;
- Orange Knowledge Program (OKP) in the Netherlands;
To benefit from this scholarship program, applicant only need to apply and get admitted in any master or PhD program at MBZUAI. Please click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit your applications.
During the application, candidates will be required to write a statement of Purpose in an 800-word essay that explain why you would like to pursue a graduate degree at MBZUAI and include the following information:
- Motivation for applying to the university
- Personal and academic background and how it makes you suitable for the program you are applying for
- Stand-out achievements, e.g., awards, distinction, etc.
- Goals as a prospective student
- Preferred career path and plans after graduation
- Any other details that will support the application.
Selected applicants will be invited to participate in an entry exam that will include questions related to the following topics:
- Math: basic Math questions related to calculus, probability theory, linear algebra and optimization
- Machine Learning
- Programming: Most questions are in Python, but the specific language is not a problem since the questions are algorithmic rather than language-specific. Basic understanding about different data structures such as Arrays, Stacks, Queues, etc is important. In addition, It is also important to read about different programming algorithms such as sorting and searching algorithms, and complexity etc. The exam instructions are available in this PDF file.
The deadline to apply for Computer Science and Machine Learning programs is . For Natural Language Processing programs, the deadline is . For more detail on the Mohamed Bin Zayed University Scholarship, please visit the university website. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.