Applications are being received for the Mohamed Bin Zayed University Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence. This scholarship program to study in Asia is fully funded and aims to attract both local and international students for masters and doctoral degree studies at the Mohamed Bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence in the United Arab Emirates. The program accepts candidates from all countries who hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, and other relevant Engineering majors, without the need for prior working experience.
All admitted students at the MBZUAI university will be provided with a full scholarship that includes monthly allowance, health insurance, accommodation, etc. The university will also secure internships for its students through collaboration with local and global companies.
Founded in 2019, Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI) is a graduate-level, research based academic institution that is located in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The institution is a modern and innovative university that offers graduate programs in Artificial Intelligence to meet the market needs, with an aim to help students tackle some challenges of our time and succeed in their careers. You may also check the list of Top Scholarships to Study in Arab Countries for foreign students.
- Host Institution: Mohamed Bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI), United Arab Emirates.
- Field of Study: available graduate programs at the university (Master of Science and Ph.D. in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Processing).
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: depends on the candidate’s program.
- Target group: Open to national and international students.
Mohamed Bin Zayed University Scholarship Benefits
Mohamed Bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence provide a full scholarship to its admitted students. Therefore, all admitted students on a full-time basis will be able to complete their studies with the following benefits:
- 100% free tuition fee
- On-campus student accommodation
- Health insurance
- UAE visa sponsorship for non-UAE nationals.
- Monthly stipend
- International and UAE resident students
- MSc: AED 8,000
- PhD: AED 10,000 (Married PhD students may request to live off-campus and receive an additional AED 5,000 housing allowance subject to approval and submission of official documents.)
- UAE national students
- MSc: AED 30,000 (single) or AED 33,000 (married; will require the submission of official documents)
- PhD: AED 36,000 (single) or AED 39,000 (married; will require the submission of official documents)
- International and UAE resident students
Note : To maintain the scholarship, stipends, and other benefits, students are expected to maintain high academic standing, comply with the university code of conduct, and fulfill certain requirements during their study period.
Mohamed Bin Zayed University Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for this scholarship to study at the Mohamed Bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence, applicants should meet the following criteria.
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a S.T.E.M field such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and other relevant Science and Engineering majors, from a university accredited or recognized by the UAE Ministry of Education (MoE).
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.2 (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent for Master’s and PhD applicants OR.
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent for joint Master-PhD applicants.
- Applicants must provide their completed degree certificates and transcripts (in English) when submitting their application. Students who are in their last year of graduation can apply using their transcript and expected graduation letter. Upon admission, they must submit a completed degree certificate and transcript.
- English Language Proficiency:
- Standard TOEFL iBT with a minimum total score of 90
- IELTS Academic with a minimum overall score of 6.5
- EmSAT English with a minimum score of 1550
- TOEFL iBT and IELTS Academic certificates are valid for two (2) years from the date of the exam while EmSAT results are valid for eighteen (18) months:
- UK, USA, Australia, and New Zealand applicants who completed their studies from K-12 until Bachelor’s degree can be exempted from English exams requirement
- A valid Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test certificate is optional for Master’s and PhD applicants, while it’s compulsory for joint Master-PhD applicants with the following minimum scores:
- 150 in Verbal Reasoning
- 150 in Quantitative Reasoning
- 3.0 in Analytical Writing
If you’re not eligible for this scholarship program, please check out the following lists that provide thousands of other scholarships: the Top Scholarships and Opportunities that are Currently Opened list, the Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students list and the Universities Scholarships for International Students.
Why study at the Mohamed Bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence?
Please watch the video below to see if MBZUAI University is what you’re looking for.
- Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for International Students.
- Dalhousie University Scholarships;
- Lester B. Pearson scholarship for international students to study in Canada.
To benefit from this scholarship program, applicants only need to apply and get admitted in any masters or PhD program at MBZUAI. Please click on the apply button below and follow the instructions to submit your applications.
During the application, candidates will be required to write a statement of Purpose in an 800-word essay that explains why they would like to pursue a graduate degree at MBZUAI and includes the following information:
- Motivation for applying to the university
- Personal and academic background and how it makes you suitable for the program you are applying for
- Stand-out achievements, e.g., awards, distinction, etc.
- Goals as a prospective student
- Preferred career path and plans after graduation
- Any other details that will support the application?
Furthermore, Ph.D. applicants will be asked to submit a research statement which is a document summarizing the potential research project the applicant is interested in working on and justifying the research gap which the applicant would like to fill in during his/her study. It should mention the relevance and suitability of the applicant’s background and experience to the project and highlight the project’s scientific and commercial significance. The research statement should include the following details:
- Problem definition
- Literature review
- Proposed research/methods/solution (optional)
- Study timeline (a table, figure, or a small paragraph presenting your plans for the four years in the Ph.D. program)
- EmSAT English with a minimum score of 1550.
Selected applicants will be invited to participate in an entry exam that will include questions related to the following topics:
- Math: Calculus, probability theory, linear algebra, trigonometry and optimization
- Machine learning: Machine learning algorithms and concepts such as linear regression, decision trees, loss functions, support vector machines, classification, regression, clustering, convolutional neural networks, dimensionality reduction, neural networks and unsupervised learning
- Programming: Knowledge surrounding specific programming concepts and principles such as algorithms, data structures, logic, OOP, and recursion as well as language–specific knowledge of Python
- Specialization topics:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science applicants are expected to have knowledge and understanding of the theory of computation, computational complexity, databases, computer architecture and operating systems
- Ph.D. in Robotics applicants are expected to have knowledge and understanding of kinematics, SLAM, reinforcement Learning, ROS, Gazebo and linear systems
The exam instructions are available in this PDF file. For a more comprehensive readiness in preparation for the entrance examination, candidates are strongly advised to successfully complete the following courses on Coursera. Furthermore, kindly ensure the corresponding certificates of completion are uploaded to your MBZUAI online application
The deadline to apply for Fall 2024 Intake is for International and UAE Residents and for UAE Nationals. For more details on the Mohamed Bin Zayed University Scholarship, please visit the university website. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.