Applications for the 2020 USTC Scholarship Program in China for international students is now open. The programme is a scholarship established by the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) to recruit outstanding international students for studies in China at Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree and Doctoral Degree Programs.
USTC is the first university established by the Chinese Academy of Sciences in 1958. It is a comprehensive university including science, engineering, management and humanity science, oriented to frontier science and high technology. USTC is member of the China 9 Consortium consisting of the top 9 universities in China. Regarded as “the Cradle of Scientific Elites”, USTC provides both undergraduate and postgraduate programs. There are 14 faculties, 27 departments, graduate school and software school on campus.
- Host Institution: University of Science and Technology of China (USTC).
- Field of Study: Bachelor’s Degree Programs (instructed in Chinese), Master’s Degree Programs List (instructed in Chinese or English ), Doctoral Degree Programs (either Chinese or English).
- Number of awards: Not Specified.
- Duratition: Bachelor’s Degree Programs (4 academic years), Master’s Degree Programs (2-3 academic years), Doctoral Degree Programs (3-4 academic years).
- Target group: Open to non-Chinese citizens.
USTC Scholarship Program Benefits
The USTC Scholarship Program will offer selected candidates the following Benefits:
- Tuition waiver.
- Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.
- bachelor’s students: CNY 500 per month;
- master’s students: CNY 700 per month;
- doctoral students: CNY 1000 per month.
- bachelor’s students: CNY 2,500 per month;
- master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
- doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
USTC Scholarship Program Eligibility
In order to apply for the USTC Scholarship Program, applicants must meet following criteria.
- be non-Chinese citizens and mentally and physically healthy.
- must not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application;
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for bachelor’s degree studies must have hold a high school diploma (equivalent to high school diploma in China), HSK5 certificate and be under the age of 30 (by September, 1st, 2020).
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree (equivalent to bachelor’s degree in China) and be under the age of 35 (by September, 1st, 2020).
- Applicants for doctoral studies must have master’s degree (equivalent to master’s degree in China) and be under the age of 40 (by September, 1st, 2020).
Note: For the graduates to obtain their degrees in 2020, they should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to ensure that they will complete their study and obtain the degree by July of 2020.
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the USTC Scholarship Program, must follow each of the following steps as required and before the specific time.
Step 1: Online Application
Please fill out the online application form and upload supporting documentations.
- Create your online application ID with a valid email account and input a password of your own. You will receive a confirmation email.
- Log in with your credentials and upload required documents. The online application can be accessed and edited as many times as you like till March 30, 2020. click “NEXT” when you finish each step.
- Submit your application form by clicking “Confirm and Submit” upon completion.
Note: once your application pass “file review”, your information CANNOT be changed.
Step 2: Original Application Documents Submission
After applying online, applicants must submit application materials to the Office of International Cooperation of USTC by post mail or in person. Application materials arriving after April 10, 2020 will not be accepted. Application materials:
- Application form for USTC Scholarship with signature and recent photo.
- Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport with validity of at least 1 year).
- A study or research proposal (no less than 800 words).
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (with phone number and email address).
- Photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
- Applicants for programs instructed in Chinese must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate (at least level 4); applicants for programs instructed in English must provide the photocopy of valid IELTS or TOFEL result or other proof of their English proficiency (except those whose mother tongue is English).
- Photocopy of degree certificate and academic transcript for both Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree (if have) notarized by Ministry of Education or equivalent authority in your country. If applicants :
- are university students, they must provide official documents showing their status as university students and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
- already graduated but have not yet obtained the degree certificate, they must provide official documents explaining the reasons and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
- are already employed, they must provide official documents showing their status as on-post employees and permission of release.
Note: Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
Please make sure you send out the complete set of all the required documents and specify on the envelop “Application for USTC scholarship” with your application ID for USTC Online Application System.
Postal address: International College, University of Science and Technology of China, 96 Jinzhai Road, Hefei, 230026, Anhui, China.
The deadline for submitting the online application is March 30, 2020 and April 10, 2020 for the reception of physical application materials. For more detail on the USTC Scholarship Program in China for international students, please visit the official page.