Application are being received for the 2021 West African Research Center Travel Grant. The WARC Travel Grant promotes intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions by providing support to African scholars and graduate students for research visits to other institutions on the continent. Studies in all disciplines are welcome to apply for the program. Successful candidates must agree to make public presentations on their research to their academic institution, and their local communities.
The WARC Travel Grant provides travel costs up to $1,500 and a stipend of $1,500. The travel grant may be used to: attend and present papers at academic conferences, visit libraries or archives, engage in collaborative work with colleagues or travel to a research site in Africa.
- Host Institution: Institutions in Africa.
- Number of awards: Not Specified.
- Duration: varies.
- Target group: Open to West African nationals.
West African Research Center Travel Grant Benefits
The WARC Travel Grant provides travel costs up to $1,500 and a stipend of $1,500. Travel grant funds may be used to:
- attend and present papers at academic conferences relevant to the applicant’s field of research;
- visit libraries or archives that contain resources necessary to the applicant’s current academic work;
- engage in collaborative work with colleagues at another institution;
- travel to a research site in Africa.
West African Research Center Travel Grant Eligibility
This competition is open only to West African nationals, with priority given to those affiliated with West African colleges, universities, or research institutions. Funding for the WARC Travel Grant Program is provided by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US Department of State through a grant from the Council of American Overseas Research Centers.
Interested applicants should click on the apply button below and follow instruction to submit their applications.
- Abstract (50-80 words) of proposed activity with a clear statement of purpose
- Project/Research description (6 double-spaced pages maximum) including why travel is necessary (must be in language understandable to non-specialist readers)
- Proposed budget
- Curriculum vitae (with research and teaching record)
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport (must be a West African national)
- All applications must be submitted online in PDF documents
- All applicants must have a recommendation letter.
- If attending a conference:
- an abstract of the paper to be read
- letter of acceptance to the conference
The deadline to submit application is . For more detail on the West African Research Center Travel Grant, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.