Applicants are invited to apply for the The DAAD University Summer Courses in Germany . This programme aims to help students and graduates improve their knowledge of German (general language, special language) and their cultural knowledge of the country.
- Host Institutions: Eligible course providers and programmes on the DAAD website.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: The courses run for at least 18 teaching days (max. 5 days/week, excluding days of arrival and departure) with a minimum of 25 hours of teaching a week (usually from June to November).
- Target group: Open to citizens of developing countries
DAAD University Summer Courses Benefits
Selected candidates for the DAAD University Summer Courses in Germany will be provided with the following benefits:
- One-off scholarship payment of 950 euros; scholarship holders from “Least Developed Countries” receive a scholarship of 1,125 euros.
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance (exception: Western Europe).
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
DAAD University Summer Courses Eligibility
Application for the DAAD University Summer Courses in Germany is open for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- The grant holder must be at least 18 years old when he/she starts the funded stay.
- Applicants must be registered at a university of one of the programme-related countries (except Germany) at the time of application as well as during the funded stay.
- A scholarship holder may only be considered once in any three consecutive years for a DAAD University Summer Course Grant.
- Applicants must be able to follow lectures in German and collaborate in teams.
- Proof of German language skills must be provided with the application.
- The language certificate for the required minimum language should be no more than one year old. Language certificates from B2 or TDN4 in all examined sections may be older than one year.
- The following language certificates can be accepted: onSET-Deutsch, TestDaF, Goethe Institut-Nachweis, DSD, DSH, telc Deutsch, ÖSD-Zertifikat.
- In principle, applicants must provide proof of a minimum language level of A2.
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the DAAD University Summer Courses are required to click on the apply button and follow instructions.
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (in German)
- Letter of motivation (in German)
- Copy of school leaving certificate (for Bachelor students) or Bachelor degree certificate with final grade(s) (for Master students), if available (with German or English translation)
- Proof of credits of the last two years (in German or in English)
- Language certificates (with German or English translation, if applicable)
- Other documents you think might be of relevance to your application with German or English translation, if applicable (e.g. certificates of employment, proof of placements).
The deadline is December 1, 2019. For more detail on the DAAD University Summer Courses in Germany, please visit the official page.