Applications are now opened for the McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship to Study in Canada. This scholarship program is need-and-merit-based and recognizes international Undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
This scholarship program to study in North America, especially in Vancouver Canada, is administered by the University of British Columbia. Winners of the award can hold it up to four years of undergraduate study or to degree completion, provided they achieve satisfactory academic standing in their faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain their Canadian study permit (student visa).
Established in 1908, The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a public research university with campuses in Vancouver and Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. The university offers undergraduate degree programs, graduate and postgraduate degree programs, distance learning programs, joint academic programs, exchange programs in a wide range of domains (from humanities to engineering and medicines). UBC has an annual research budget of $600 million that is used to fund more than 8,000 projects yearly and ranks among the top three universities in Canada.
- Host institution: University of British Columbia (UBC) in Canada.
- Fields of study: Available undergraduate programs at the University of British Columbia (full list below).
- Number of scholarships: Not Specified.
- Duration: Up to four years.
- Target Group: open to international students.
McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship Benefits
The Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award’s value is proportional to the student’s financial need. Financial need is determined by totaling tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution the student and his/her family can make each year. A standard needs assessment is done using financial information provided by the student and his/her family.
Available Programs at the University of British Columbia
The list of available undergraduate programs at the University of British Columbia is shown below:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Engineering)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Dental Science
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and Urbanism
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Human Kinetics
- Bachelor of International Economics
- Bachelor of Kinesiology
- Bachelor of Management
- Bachelor of Media Studies
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Food and Resource Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Food, Nutrition, and Health
- Bachelor of Science in Forest Bioeconomy Sciences and Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Forest Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry
- Bachelor of Science in Global Resource Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Natural Resources Conservation
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Wood Products Processing
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Urban Forestry.
McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship Eligibility
To be considered for this scholarship to Study in Canada, you must:
- be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university.
- be applying for your first Undergraduate degree.
- meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
Note : If you are nominated for a Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award, you will not be considered for merit-based awards, including International Major Entrance Scholarships and Outstanding International Student Awards.
- Concordia Presidential Scholarships to Study in Canada;
- McMaster University in Canada Entrance Awards;
- Huron International Presidential Scholarship To Study in Canada;
- Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program;
- uLethbridge School of Graduate Studies Scholarship;
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship at Carleton University in Canada;
- University of Windsor Entrance Scholarships To Study in Canada;
Those who wish to apply for this scholarship must follow steps below to submit their applications by the deadline.
- January 5 : Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC. Applicants can specify two degree choices in their application, but only their first-choice degree will be considered for the purposes of this award.
- January 31 : Meet UBC’s English Language Admission Standard.
Nominees will be informed if they have received an award around Mid-April. For any question, please contact the university through [email protected].
The deadline to apply to this University of British Columbia scholarship program is . To know more about the McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship To Study in Canada, please visit the official page. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.