For those who are willing to immigrate to Canada as students, here is an opportunity to apply for admission at the University of British Columbia and study as Undergraduate students for the 2021-2022 academic year. As soon as you receive an offer of admission to an undergraduate program at UBC, you’ll automatically be considered for the UBC Entrance Scholarships for International Students. There are two main entrance scholarships: the International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) and the Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award.
International Major Entrance Scholarships are awarded to exceptional international students entering undergraduate programs at UBC. The scholarship is awarded to students entering their first year at UBC, and IMES are renewable for up to three additional years of study.
The Outstanding International Student Award is a merit-based scholarship that is awarded to qualified students at the time of admission to UBC. The scholarship is a one-time award for students that show strength academically and display involvement outside the classroom.
Established in 1908, The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a public research university with campuses in Vancouver and Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. The university offers undergraduate degree programs, graduate and postgraduate degree programs, distance learning programs, joint academic programs, exchange programs in a wide range of domains (from humanities to engineering and medicines). UBC has an annual research budget of $600 million that is used to fund more than 8,000 projects yearly and ranks among the top three universities in Canada.
- Host institution: University of British Columbia (UBC) in Canada.
- Fields of study: Available undergraduate programs at the University of British Columbia (full list below).
- Number of scholarships: Depends on available funding.
- Duration: Up to four years.
- Target Group: open to citizens of all nationalities.
UBC Entrance Scholarships for International Students Benefits
The International Major Entrance Scholarships (up to four year) and the Outstanding International Student Award (one time) are automatically awarded to all eligible international students at the time of admission. The number and the value of the award depends on available funding. For more details, please contact the university.
Available Programs at the University of British Columbia
The list of available undergraduate programs at the University of British Columbia is shown below:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Engineering)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Dental Science
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and Urbanism
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Human Kinetics
- Bachelor of International Economics
- Bachelor of Kinesiology
- Bachelor of Management
- Bachelor of Media Studies
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Food and Resource Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Food, Nutrition, and Health
- Bachelor of Science in Forest Bioeconomy Sciences and Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Forest Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry
- Bachelor of Science in Global Resource Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Natural Resources Conservation
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Wood Products Processing
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Urban Forestry.
UBC Entrance Scholarships for International Students Eligibility
To be considered for these scholarships to Study in Canada, you must:
- Be new to UBC, entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary (university or college).
- Be an international student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES and OIS eligibility.
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement.
- Not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award.
- Have applied to UBC by January 15, 2021.
- University of Windsor Entrance Scholarships To Study in Canada;
- Dalhousie University Scholarships;
- Usask Graduate Students Scholarships To Study in Canada;
- Mastercard Foundation Scholarships at McGill University in Canada;
- Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships to Canada;
- University of Toronto International Students Scholarship;
- University of Ottawa Differential Tuition Fee Exemption;
You will be considered for these scholarships shortly after you receive an offer of admission to the University of British Columbia. Therefore, those willing to benefits from these scholarships need to contact the university and apply for admission to undergraduate programs.
To be considered for these scholarships, you must apply to UBC by . Scholarship decisions are made between mid-March to the end of April each year. To know more about the UBC Entrance Scholarships for International Students To Study in Canada, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.