Applications are currently being received for admission to undergraduate degree programs at Cape Breton University. If Canada is your dream destination, you’re welcome to apply for admission at the University. Grouped under the Cape Breton University Entrance Scholarships, admitted international and national students are offered various funding opportunities to assist them in the pursuit of their educational goals.
At Cape Breton University, many admitted students are supported by a combination of awards and scholarships. In fact, about $2.5 million in scholarships and bursaries are offered to students entering CBU each year. Students entering directly from high school or through articulation agreement partners are considered, and the main selection criteria are academic performance. Scholarships and awards are available for Canadian citizens, permanent residents, as well as for international students admitted to an Undergraduate degree program.
Founded in 1951, Cape Breton University (CBU) is a public university in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. CBU is mainly an undergraduate university offering bachelor’s degrees in liberal arts, science, business, health, and professional programs. CBU is home to nearly 5,500 students from more than 40 countries around the world. Cape Breton University is a member of Universities Canada (UC), the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE), the Association of Atlantic Universities (AAU), and Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan).
- Host institution: Cape Breton University, Canada.
- Fields of study: Available undergraduate programs at the university (Please check list below).
- Number of grants: Not specified.
- Duration: varies.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities (Foreign students, American students, Canadian citizens and Permanent residents).
Cape Breton University Entrance Scholarships Benefits
Entrance scholarships are awarded to deserving students at the time of admission or during their studies. Cape Breton University offers various scholarships and awards to its students as shown below:
- Chancellor’s : $30,000 ($7,500/year)
- President’s : $20,000 ($5,000/year)
- Deans’ : $10,000 ($2,500/year)
- Fitzgerald : $20,000 ($5,000/year)
- Schwartz : $14,000 ($3,500/year)
- W.M. Reid : $11,500 ($4000 & $2.500/year)
- Orpha Thayer-Scott : $10,000 ($2,500/year).
Furthermore, a variety of scholarships and bursaries are also available to assist students. Below is the list of some of these scholarships and bursaries available to CBU students.
- MacLeod-Matheson Bursaries
- The Drs. John & Jeanne Eyking Scholarships
- Chartwells Award
- Cape Breton Metros Hockey Association Scholarships
- Louis and Pearl Guam Bursary
- Irving Shipbuilding Scholarships & Bursaries
- Lauchie Gillis Memorial Award
- Rose Nolan Memorial Scholarship
- Joyce Foundation Bursaries
- Bert & Zita Armishaw Scholarship
- C.W. MacDonald Memorial Scholarship
- The CB Highlanders Association Awards
- Neil & Maisie Walker Scholarship
- The Dr. David F Sobey Scholarships
- Michael & Ethel MacLean Bursaries
- Eric M. Redmond Memorial Bursary
- Lou Leith Entrance Award
- Selina & Stewart Tremblett Scholarship, etc.
Available Programs at the Cape Breton University
Below is the list of available undergraduate programs at the Cape Breton University.
- Applied Theatre
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts and Science in Environment
- Bachelor of Arts Community Studies
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Emergency Management
- Bachelor of Engineering (Transfer)
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (Public Health)
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing
- Bachelor of Science, Nutrition (Transfer)
- Bachelor of Technology (Nautical Science)
- Celtic Culture
- Diploma in Education (Curriculum)
- Diploma in Educational Technology
- Diploma in Public Administration and Management
- Electronics & Controls
- Engineering & Technology
- Environmental Studies
- Gender and Women’s Studies
- Health & Well-Being
- Human Resources
- Legal Studies
- Mi’kmaq Studies
- Political Science
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Business Analytics
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Business Management
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Health Care Management
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Religious Studies
- Sociology and more. Please click here for more details
Cape Breton University Entrance Scholarships Eligibility
To benefit from one or more of the scholarships listed above, candidates must satisfy.
- minimum admission requirements;
- program-specific requirements;
- language requirements;
- apply for admission to an undergraduate program and get admitted.
Furthermore, candidates must meet the following requirements:
High School Students
- No failures in Grade 11 or 12 courses
- Average is based on all AC & AD Grade 11 courses and all AC & AD completed Grade 12 courses after first semester
- Average for international students entering directly from high school will be determined by Cape Breton University
- ESL conditional offers must attend a CBU English language partner school to have award honored.
Articulation Agreement Students
- Articulation agreements (both domestic & international) qualify
- Students must be currently enrolled in their program of transfer
- ESL conditional offers must attend a CBU English language partner school to have award honored
- Minimum 80% average as determined by CBU to be eligible with no failures.
- uLethbridge School of Graduate Studies Scholarship;
- University of Manitoba Graduate Scholarship;
- Laurentian University in Canada Scholarships for International Students;
- CSA Group Graduate Scholarship To Study in Canada;
- University of Windsor Entrance Scholarships To Study in Canada.
Why study at Cape Breton University?
Please watch the video below to see if Cape Breton University is a good host for your university studies.
How to Apply for Cape Breton University Entrance Scholarships
Interested candidates in these scholarship programs to study in North America should contact the university and apply for admission at the university and get admitted to their chosen program. Upon admission, they will be considered for scholarships or award they are eligible for.
The deadline to apply to some programs is earlier than the general admission deadline. For example, the deadline for the Bachelor of Education & the Master of Education in Sustainability, Creativity and Innovation is January 15, 2022. For the Bachelor of Science, Nursing, it is December 31, 2021.
The general admission deadline for Spring/Summer (May) intake is . To know more about the Cape Breton University Entrance Scholarships to Study in Canada, please visit the university website. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.