Application are now opened for the 2021 World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program. Launched in 2013, the WBG-Africa Fellowship targets young talented African nationals who are completing or recently completed a Ph.D. in an area relevant to the World Bank’s work.
The fellowship program has been very successful since its inception, building a strong pipeline of young African talent interested in a career in development, in international institutions, African governments, think tanks, and academia.
WBG-Africa Fellowship Program offers chosen fellows a six-month assignment at World Bank Group (WBG) offices in Washington D.C. or in country offices to gain hands-on experience in the operations of the WBG. This includes knowledge generation and dissemination, design of global and country policies, and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries.
- Field of Study: Area relevant to the World Bank’s work.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Minimum of six months.
- Engagement period: From January 2021.
- Target group: Open to Sub-Saharan national.
World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program Benefits
The WBG-Africa Fellowship program offers chosen fellows consultant fees, round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office from their university, and worker’s compensation insurance. Furthermore, they :
- Gain a better understanding of the World Bank Group’s mission and operations;
- Access quality data for their research work;
- Interact with seasoned experts in the field of development;
- Contribute to the World Bank Group’s mission.
World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program Eligibility
To apply for the WBG-Africa Fellowship Program, applicants must satisfy below criteria:
- Be a Sub-Saharan national who are recent Ph.D. graduates, or current doctoral students within a year of completing or graduating from a Ph.D.;
- All relevant fields of development, including, but not limited to economics, education, health, governance, energy, agriculture, infrastructure and demography are eligible;
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal;
- Be under the age of 32 by the application deadline.
- World Trade Organization Internship Programme;
- UNICEF Internship Programme For All Nationalities;
- Internship Program At FAO (The Food And Agriculture Organization);
- United Nations Volunteers Programme For All Nationalities;
- World Youth Alliance Regional and Headquarter Internship Program;
- DSM Brighter Living Scholarship for One Young World Summit.
Eligible applicants should click on the apply button and following instructions to submit their applications before the deadline.
Applications deadline is . For more detail on the World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.