Applications for the 2020 AERC-DAAD PhD Scholarships in Agriculture Economics for African students is now open. The programme is initiated by the African Economic Research Consortium (AERC), in partnership with the German Academic Exchange Service DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarships Programme.
The programme is open for a three years period of study and is available for graduates students from Sub-Sahara Africa with a first academic degree who want to pursue Master’s courses in their home country (so called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Sahara African country (In-Region scholarships). Scholarships are tenable at AERC Member Universities in Eastern Africa.
- Host Institution: AERC Member Universities in Eastern Africa: Makerere University (Uganda), Sokoine University of Agricultural Sciences (Tanzania), Egerton University & University of Nairobi (Kenya), Haramaya University (Ethiopia).
- Field of Study: Agriculture Economics.
- Number of awards: 6.
- Duration: 3 years.
- Target group: Open to Africans.
AERC-DAAD PhD Scholarships Benefits
The AERC-DAAD PhD grant in Agriculture Economics is fully funded and cover all the programme costs, living allowance, including travel, medical insurance, university fees etc.
AERC-DAAD PhD Scholarships Eligibility
To be able to apply for the AERC-DAAD PhD programme in Agriculture Economics, applicants must satisfy below criteria.
- have successfully completed a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper Division);
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment;
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction;
- have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application;
- must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country;
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
You may also be eligible for the:
- DAAD In-Country / In-Region Scholarships;
- Government Of Mauritius Africa Scholarship;
- TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Scholarship.
AERC-DAAD PhD Scholarships Application instructions
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the Scholarship must apply for their studies at AERC Member Universities in Eastern Africa using the contacts and the method that is prescribed by the chosen institution.
Additionally, once you submit your application to AERC, please send a short notification to DAAD that you have applied with the subject “Your Surname_First name_AERC” to [email protected].
The application deadline is January 31st, 2020. For more detail on the AERC-DAAD PhD Scholarships, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.