Applications are now opened for the Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship Program. The Scholarship has been created by the university to help international students cover additional tuition fees.
The program aims to help the best talents from around the world attend one of the finest francophone research universities in the world. Selected candidates could benefit from an exemption from the tuition fees normally charged to international students, starting in the fall of 2020.
The Université de Montréal is a public research university in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The university has thirteen faculties, more than sixty departments and offers more than 650 undergraduate programmes and graduate programmes, including 71 doctoral programmes. The school also has two affiliated schools: the Polytechnique Montréal (School of Engineering; formerly the École Polytechnique de Montréal) and HEC Montréal (School of Business).
- Host institution: Université de Montréal, Canada.
- Fields of study: Available programmes at the university (Arts and Science, Dentistry, Education, Environmental Design, Kinesiology, Law, Medicine, Music, Optometry, Nursing, School of Public Health, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine).
- Number of scholarships: Not specified.
- Duration: Not specified.
- Eligible countries: open to international students.
Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship Benefits
Selected applicants for the International Entrance Scholarship programme will receive following benefits.
- Level A: $11,998 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $5,999 per session (15 credits) or $399 per credit;
- Level B: $5,718 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $2,859 per session (15 credits) or $190.60 per credit;
- Level C: $2,000 per year (2 sessions, equivalent to 30 credits) or $1,000 per session (15 credits) or $66.67 per credit
These amounts are applied to tuition fees of $23,662 per year (30 credits).
Master’s degree programs
$9,420 per year (3 sessions, equivalent to 45 credits) or $3,140 per session (equivalent to 15 credits). This amount is applied to tuition fees of $27,300 per year (45 credits).
PhD degree programs
$19,339 per year (3 sessions, equivalent to 45 credits) or $6,546 per session (equivalent to 15 credits) for the entire duration of your studies. This amount is applied to the tuition fees of $24,300 per year (45 credits).
Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for this scholarship, candidates must be international students admitted as of Fall 2020 who:
- are international students.
- hold a study permit and who are neither permanent residents nor Canadian citizens.
- will be enrolled full-time in a study program throughout their studies.
- will not benefit from another form of tuition fee exemption through another policy or measure. For example, French and Belgian Francophone students already benefit from this type of exemption.
- Pierre Borgeat Fund Scholarship to Study at Laval University;
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS)
- Canadian Government Banting Fellowships.
- Learn Africa Scholarship Program for African women;
- KAUST Scholarship 2020 for Master and PhD Students;
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research).
Interested applicants should follow steps below in order to submit their applications.
- Apply for admission. Start by exploring “Compass“, an interactive checklist that guides you through the required steps. Before completing the application form, make sure you respect the application deadlines and check the admissions requirements for the study programs of your interest.
- Accept the offer of admissions to start the evaluation. No need to apply for the scholarship. New candidates’ files will be evaluated to determine their eligibility and the amount of their exemption scholarship.
- Receive the notice of award with the amount.
- Complete and submit the declaration form.
The next deadline to submit applications for this program is . For more details on the Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship Program, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.