Application are currently being received for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship at Carleton University to Study in Canada. This scholarship program to study in Ontario has been created to recognize academic excellence in graduate studies at the master’s and doctoral levels in all available academic disciplines at the Carleton University.
The scholarship program is jointly supported by funds provided by the Ontario province and funds provided by Carleton University. The province contributes two-thirds of the value of the award and the university provides one-third. The program aims to attract graduate students for research and studies in the province which in turn contribute to it economic growth and development.
Founded in 1942, Carleton University is a public comprehensive university in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The university enrolls about 27,000 undergraduate, 4,000 graduate students and has more 160,000 alumni worldwide. The University has a community talented and dynamic faculty and staff that distinguishes Carleton as Canada’s Capital University.
- Host institution: Carleton University, Canada.
- Fields of study: Available graduate programs at the university (Please check list below).
- Number of grants: Not specified.
- Duration: Up to three terms.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities (Foreign students, American students, Canadian citizens and Permanent residents).
Ontario Graduate Scholarship at Carleton University Benefits
Winners of the Ontario Graduate Scholarship will receive an award valued at up to $15,000 ($5,000 per term for up to three terms).
Graduate Programs at the Carleton University
Below is the full list of available graduate programs at the Carleton University.
- African Studies
- Applied Linguistics and Discourse Studies
- Art History
- Biomedical Engineering
- Canadian Studies
- Chemical and Environmental Toxicology
- Civil Engineering
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Conflict Resolution
- Cultural Mediation
- Curatorial Studies
- Data Science
- Digital Humanities
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Ethics and Public Affairs
- European, Russian and Eurasian Studies
- Film Studies
- French and Francophone Studies
- Health Sciences
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Indigenous Policy and Administration
- Information Technology
- Infrastructure Protection and International Security
- International Affairs
- Legal Studies
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Migration and Diaspora Studies
- Music and Culture
- Northern Studies
- Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership
- Political Economy
- Political Management
- Political Science
- Public Policy and Administration
- Religion and Public Life
- Social Work
- Sustainable Energy
- Technology Innovation Management
- Women’s and Gender Studies
- Work and Labour
Ontario Graduate Scholarship at Carleton University Eligibility
To apply for this scholarship to study in Canada (Master’s – PhD), candidates must satisfy.
- Be Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or international students who hold a valid student permit at time of application
- All students must have a 10.0 GPA (80%) in each of their last two years of full-time study
- Currently enrolled in a full-time graduate program at Carleton or 4th year students who are planning to pursue a grad degree program at Carleton in 2021-22
- Must be planning to study full-time next year; students with disabilities may study part-time
- Students who are in or will be going into an extension term are not eligible to hold an OGS
- Students whose program time to completion is before Dec. 31st of the academic year in which you would hold the award are not eligible to apply (please verify using your audit in Carleton Central or with your department)
- Cannot be in default on any Canadian government-sponsored loan
- Cannot have held more than a maximum of six years government funding.
- University of Windsor Entrance Scholarships To Study in Canada;
- Dalhousie University Scholarships;
- Usask Graduate Students Scholarships To Study in Canada;
- Mastercard Foundation Scholarships at McGill University in Canada;
- Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships to Canada;
- University of Toronto International Students Scholarship;
- University of Ottawa Differential Tuition Fee Exemption;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship.
Interested candidates in this scholarship should use one of the option below depending on their situation.
- Get Transcripts (Official transcripts are required for OGS applications from any of the previous post- secondary institutions you have attended.)
- Request two References: We will accept one professional reference but it must speak to your academic abilities.
- Submit Your Completed Application. You should submit your complete application, with all official transcripts, references and other documents, to the graduate administrator at the department at Carleton that you are applying to.
- Accept Your Offer (In order to accept this award, you will need to print out the OGS 2020-2021 Notice of Acceptance form and submit it to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs, 512 Tory Building or email it to [email protected].
All students, who have MC1 credentials and can access Carleton central should be using the online application, available through Carleton Central. If you have applied to Carleton in the past but never attended or who have graduated and are planning to come back and have MCI credentials, please log into Carleton Central and use the online form. You must complete the online application and upload the requested documents (found in Carleton Central under Awards and Financial Assistance, Graduate Online Application Forms) by the deadline. Your referees will be notified by email once you have submitted your application. They will then have until December 1, 2020 to submit their referee form.
All Other Applicants should fill out OGS Application Forms (shown below). Applicant should download the .pdf forms, complete them, print them and put them together as a package. Forms must be completed and included in the OGS application package. You must submit your complete application package to the graduate administrator at the department at Carleton that you are applying to. Applications must NOT be double-sided
OGS Application Forms
- OGS Application Form. All students who have a banner ID and can access Carleton central should be using the online application forms.
- Application Checklist
- Research/Program Statement (Tell the committee what you plan to study, the program’s fit with your studies I had and your career plans)
- Awards Pages (Optional, if you do not have any awards you are not required to submit this page)
- Publication Pages (Optional, if you do not have any publications you are not required to submit this page)
- Academic Assessment form
- Temporary resident visa student – student study permit (if applicable)
- OGS 2021-2022 Notice of Acceptance
The deadline to submit application is . To know more about the Ontario Graduate Scholarship at Carleton University, please visit the official page. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.