Applications are now open for the Lester B Pearson scholarship for international students to study in Canada. This university scholarship program is provided annually to recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. This is the University of Toronto’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students.
The program aims to identify and recognize students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school. There is a special focus on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto for first-entry, Undergraduate programs.
Founded in 1827, The University of Toronto (U of T or UToronto) is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. UToronto is one of the world’s top research-intensive universities, driven to invent and innovate. The University of Toronto has 700 undergraduate programs in Humanities & Social Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical & Mathematical Sciences, Commerce & Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Kinesiology & Physical Education, Music, and Architecture.
The University of Toronto is one of the top research universities in the world, and its graduates are considered some of the world’s most employable. The university attracts students from 165 countries and regions and has more than 500,000 alumni worldwide.
- Host institution: University of Toronto (UToronto) in Canada.
- Fields of study: Available programs at the University of Toronto.
- Number of scholarships: about 37.
- Duration: Up to four years.
- Target Group: open to international students.
Lester B Pearson Scholarship Benefits
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship is fully funded and covers:
- incidental fees,
- and full residence support for four years.
Available programs at the University of Toronto
Below is the list of some undergraduate programs at the University of Toronto.
- Anthropology (HBA)
- Applied Statistics
- Art, Art History and Arts Management
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Biodiversity and Conservation Biology
- Biological Chemistry
- Cinema Studies
- Classical Civilization, Classical Studies
- Communication, Culture, Information, and Technology (Joint Program with Sheridan College)
- Computer Science
- Criminology, Law & Society
- Digital Enterprise Management (Joint Program with Sheridan College)
- Earth Science
- Ecology and Evolution
- Education Studies
- English Language Linguistics, English Literature, English/Chinese Translation
- Environmental Sciences
- Ethics, Society and Law
- Financial Economics
- Food Studies
- Forensic Science
- Geography, Geographic Information Science, Geographical Information Systems
- Mathematical Sciences
- Media, Journalism & Digital Cultures
- Mental Health Studies
- Music, Culture and more. Please click here for full list
Lester B Pearson Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- currently, in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2023;
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2024 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2024 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered).
- University of Toronto International Students Scholarship;
- University of Ottawa Differential Tuition Fee Exemption;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship.
How to Apply for the Lester B Pearson Scholarship
To become a Pearson Scholar, you must be nominated by your school and apply to Undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto. Once you’ve been nominated and have applied to the University of Toronto, you will be sent a personalized, secure link to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship application.
Therefore, to apply for this scholarship to study in Canada, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in this program.)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2023 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines. Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time the scholarship decisions are made.
- Once your nomination is received, and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2023
- Student OUAC application deadline: December 15, 2023 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; however, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 7, 2023 as spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 15, 2024.
For any questions, please contact the scholarship program at [email protected].
The deadline to submit the scholarship application is . To know more about the Lester B Pearson scholarship for international students to study in Canada, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.