Applications are now opened for the Dalhousie University Scholarships to Study in Canada. Applications are done through the Harmonized Scholarship Process which allows for a current/prospective master’s and PhD students to be considered for several FGS-managed scholarships using a single application.
All required application material must be submitted via the Online Scholarship Platform. Late submission may result in your application not being eligible for review. Only one Harmonized Scholarship application will be accepted per student per year.
Founded in 1818, Dalhousie University is one of Canada’s oldest universities, attracting more than 19,000 students from around the world. The university is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia which is ranked one of the friendliest cities in the world. The university make a lasting impact by blending transformative academic programs with pioneering research on Canada’s East Coast.
- Host institution: Dalhousie University, Canada.
- Fields of study: Available graduate programmes at the university (Please check list below).
- Number of grants: Not specified.
- Duration: varies (depends on programme).
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities (Foreign students, American students, Canadian citizens and Permanent residents).
Dalhousie University Scholarships Benefits
Scholarships are awarded to deserving students and provide up to $60,000. Below is the list of available scholarships.
- Nova Scotia Graduate Scholarship,
- Killam Predoctoral Scholarships,
- Eliza Ritchie Doctoral Entrance Scholarship for Women,
- James Robinson Johnston Graduate Entrance Scholarship for African Canadians,
- African Nova Scotian Graduate Scholarship,
- Indigenous Graduate Scholarship,
- Vitamin Scholarship,
- Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarship.
Graduate Programs at the Dalhousie University
Below is the full list of available graduate programs at the Dalhousie University.
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Biological Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business (Master of Science)
- Business Administration (MBA ‑ Corporate Residency)
- Business Administration (MBA ‑ Financial Services)
- Business Administration (MBA ‑ Leadership)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Resource Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Planning*
- Clinical Vision Science
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Community Health & Epidemiology
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- Computer Science
- Computer Science (Applied)
- Digital Innovation
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Electronic Commerce
- Engineering Mathematics
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Studies
- Food Science and Technology
- Health Administration
- Health Informatics
- Health Promotion
- Industrial Engineering
- Information (Formerly Library and Information Studies)
- Information Management
- Interdisciplinary PhD
- International Development Studies
- Inter networking
- Leisure Studies
- Marine Management
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Neuroscience
- Medical Physics
- Medical Research
- Microbiology & Immunology
- Mineral Resource Engineering
- Occupational Therapy Entry Level
- Occupational Therapy Post Professional
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Physics and Atmospheric Science
- Physiology & Biophysics
- Political Science
- Psychology & Neuroscience
- Public Administration
- Public Administration (Management)
- Resource & Environmental Management
- Social Anthropology
- Social Work
Dalhousie University Scholarships Eligibility
To benefit from one or more scholarships, candidates must apply and get admitted to a graduate program. Below is a common admission criteria.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B average) in the last 60 credit hours of study
- Degree granted by university of recognized standing.
Doctor of Philosophy degree
- First-class thesis Master’s degree or its equivalent ;
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B average) in the last 60 credit hours of study ;
- Degree granted by university of recognized standing ;
- Most candidates for admission to a doctoral program possess a Master’s Degree. Direct entry to some programs is possible for those with exceptional academic standing.
- Usask Graduate Students Scholarships To Study in Canada;
- Mastercard Foundation Scholarships at McGill University in Canada;
- Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships to Canada;
- University of Toronto International Students Scholarship;
- University of Ottawa Differential Tuition Fee Exemption;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- University of Ottawa International Admission Scholarship.
Interested candidates in this scholarship need to click on the “apply” button below to create an account and follow instructions to submit their application.
Applications deadline varies per program. However, the submission deadline for most programs is . Candidates applying for the James Robinson Johnston Graduate Scholarship for African Canadian, African Nova Scotian Graduate Scholarship, or Indigenous Graduate Scholarship may submit a non-thesis application up until at 4:00 p.m.
Candidates should check the university website or contact the university for precise deadlines. To know more about the Dalhousie University Scholarships to Study in Canada, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.