The UNIST Scholarship for Graduate Students is now open for application. The UNIST scholarship is awarded to all admitted students in a graduate program at the Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST) in South Korea.
The UNIST Scholarship for Graduate Students is open for both national and international students, willing to pursue a Master, PhD, or MS-PhD degree program at the Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea.
The scholarship program provides tuition fees, and a monthly allowance and is available for various scientific areas. This is a unique opportunity to study in South Korea.
- Host institution: Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST), South Korea.
- Majors: Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Energy Engineering, Battery Science and Technology, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Human Factors Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Environmental Science and Engineering, Urban Infrastructure Engineering, Disaster Management Engineering, Convergence of Science and Arts, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematical Sciences, Management Engineering.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Master’s program (4 semesters), Doctoral Program (6 semesters), or MS-PhD Program (10 semesters).
- Eligible countries: Open to All nationalities.
UNIST Scholarship for Graduate Students Benefits
Selected candidates for this university scholarship will have the following benefits:
- Tuition fee support;
- Monthly allowance:
- Master: More than KRW 17,280,000/year;
- PhD: More than KRW 20,880,000/year;
- The above is based on the minimum amount and the additional amount can be provided differently according to the participating Lab.
- On-campus accommodation is available for graduate students;
Professional Special graduate school, Management Engineering students, students who are enrolled exceeding the class period are omitted.
Note : Students pursuing a Doctoral degree are eligible for technical research personnel recruitment. During their studies, some students may also receive the Teaching Assistant Scholarship as shown below.
Teaching Assistant Scholarship Amount
- Head TA: Master’s 300,000 KRW per month, Doctoral 500,000 KRW per month
- R TA: Master’s 200,000 KRW per month, Doctoral 300,000 KRW per month
- TA : Master’s 150,000 KRW per month, Doctoral 250,000 KRW per month
- The amount above is approximate and will change according to the plan.
UNIST Scholarship for Graduate Students Eligibility
All admitted graduate students at the Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST) will receive the UNIST Scholarship. Therefore, applicants must:
- Be willing to enroll in a Master’s Program (4 semesters), Doctoral Program (6 semesters), or MS-PhD Program (10 semesters);
- Meet admission requirements of their respective department;
- Master program applicants must be candidates who have a bachelor’s degree or will be awarded a bachelor’s degree by the first day of class, or have an equivalent educational background;
- Ph.D. program applicants must be candidates who have a master’s degree or will be awarded a master’s degree by the first day of class, or have an equivalent educational background;
- English language requirements. Applicants must:
- be able to submit one of the following tests with a respective minimum scores: TOEIC – 800; TOEFL (IBT) – 80; TOEFL (CBT) – 213; TOEFL (PBT) – 550; IELTS – 5.5; TEPS – 640; (Level 2) – 67; G-TELP (Level 3) – 89; G-TELP (Speaking & TOEIC) – 270; OR
- submit a certificate stating that all of their bachelor’s or master’s degree courses have been completed with 100% English language; OR
- be native English speakers (US, Canada, U.K., Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, etc.).
Note : Applicants who are expected to obtain a degree from a Korean university or institution must obtain a degree before February 2024 for spring admission or August 2024 for fall admission. Applicants who are expected to obtain a degree from an overseas university or institution must obtain a degree before early January 2024 for spring admission or early July 2024 for fall admission.
- University of Lausanne Master’s Scholarship for Foreign Students;
- Bourse d’Étude du Gouvernement Chinois au BIT;
- Heinrich Böll Foundation scholarships in Germany.
How to Apply for the UNIST Scholarship
All admitted graduate students at the Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology are awarded the UNIST scholarship. There is no separate application. Therefore, interested applicants in this Asia scholarship must follow the steps below to get admitted and automatically benefit from the UNIST scholarship
- Make sure you meet your program requirements
- Prepare all required documents
- Hit the apply button below to submit the online application. You will need to upload a picture (3 x 4 cm) within 3 months (black and white photos will not be accepted).
- Send the printed application form along with all required documents to the university by postal mail or in person (not online) to the address below:
Admissions Team, Room #105, Main Administrative Building (201), UNIST-gil 50, Ulju-gun, Ulsan 44919, Republic of Korea.
- Application Form (online application system);
- Notarized copy of Diploma (certificate) of bachelor’s degree;
- Notarized copy of Diploma (certificate) of master’s degree;
- Transcripts of bachelor’s degree;
- Transcripts of master’s degree;
- Study plan (Please use the available form in the online system);
- Personal Statement (Please use the available form in the online system);
- English test report;
- Letter of agreement (Please use the available form in the online system): Agreement for verification of academic record;
- Additional documents (if any).
Note : There is no admissions fee for international students. PhD applicants should provide the contact information of a supervisor.
The application deadline for the Spring 2024 Graduate Admission is . Please visit the university website for more information on the UNIST Scholarship for Graduate Students. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.