The Chinese Government Scholarship EU program is accepting applications. The CSC EU program is fully funded and aims to provide support for citizens of European Union member countries willing to study as Undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars.
This Chinese Government Scholarship Program can be held for the normal duration of the candidate’s program, at designated prestigious Chinese universities. The EU CSC scholarship program have been established by the Chinese Ministry of Education and intends to expand student exchanges between China and the European Union.
- Host Institution: Designated Chinese Universities (Please click here to see the full list).
- Field of Study: Available fields at partner universities.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Undergraduate (4-7 years), Master’s students (2-5 years), Doctoral students (3-6 years), General and Senior scholars (up to 2 years).
- Target group: Open to citizens of European Union Member Countries (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden).
Chinese Government Scholarship EU program Benefits
The CSC scholarship – EU program to study in China will provide successful applicants with the following Benefits:
- Tuition waiver;
- Free accommodation on campus;
- Stipend: Granted in accordance with the relevant standard;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
Chinese Government Scholarship EU program Eligibility
In order to apply for this scholarship to study in Asia, applicants must meet the following criteria.
- Be a citizen of an EU member country, and be in good health.
- Education background and age limit. Candidates must be a:
- high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for undergraduate programs;
- bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for Master’s programs;
- master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
- be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs;
- master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for senior scholar programs.
- Candidate must meet language requirements at prospective university.
- ANSO Scholarship for International Students in China;
- Siemens China Scholarship for International Students;
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University Scholarships;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at HIT;
- Yenching Academy of Peking University Scholarships.
CSC Scholarship Application instructions
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship EU program, must follow steps below:
Step 1: CSC online registration
Create an account at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/, login, choose Program Category Type A and use 00006 as agency No. Please fill the form with required information and submit it.
Step 2: Application Submission
Send hardcopy application materials to the Office for Education and Culture, Mission of P. R. China to the EU. The address is as follows:
Office for Education and Culture
Mission of P. R China to the European Union
Boulevard de la Woluwe, 100
1200 Brussels, Belgium
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship(in Chinese or English);
- Copy of Passport Home Page;
- Notarized highest diploma: Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school;
- Academic transcripts;
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English. (A minimum of 200 words for undergraduates, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for postgraduates.);
- Recommendation letters: Applicants for graduate programs or senior scholar programs must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors;
- Applicants for music studies are requested to submit their own works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works;
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China;
- Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination;
- An empty envelope with your reliable address for posting the admission document to you if you are admitted. The envelope should be an C5 one which fits A4 sized paper folded in half. Typed address is highly recommended since writing sometimes is hard to be recognized. And please make sure your address are in correct format. Please make sure that you can get mails from the address you provide from June to August. Please be reminded that hard copies of the application should not be sent by registered mail, since registered mails may not be taken by the office according to regulations of the local postal service;
- Pre-admission Letter from Chinese Government Scholarship universities (if applicable);
- Language qualification certificate.e.g., HSK certificates, IELTS or TOEFL report (if applicable).
Note: All documents must be in Chinese or English. Therefore, all documents in other languages must be attached with their notarized translation in Chinese or English. Required documents should be bound on top left corner. Unlike previous years, only one set of documents is required instead of a duplicate set.
The deadline to submit applications is . To know more about the Chinese Government Scholarship EU program, please read the CSC Scholarship Application Tips and Tricks and visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.