Application are opened for the UAEU PhD Scholarship for All Nationalities. The scholarship has been created to recruit high achieving graduate students in certain majors at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU). The scholarship will provide successful applicants with full and continuous financial support to pursue their graduate studies at UAEU.
Founded in 1976, the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) in located in Al Ain, United Arab Emirates and is currently ranked #5 in the Arab World and #284 worldwide. The university aspires to become a comprehensive, research-intensive university and currently enrolls approximately 13,000 Emirati and international students.
At UAEU, you can study in a wide range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics, Education, Engineering, Food and Agriculture, Humanities and Social Sciences, IT, Law, Medicine and Health Sciences, and Science.
- Host Institution(s): United Arab Emirates University (UAEU).
- Research Areas: Renewable Energy, Transportation, Education, Health, Water, Technology, Space.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: 4 years.
- Target group: Open to All Nationalities.
UAEU PhD Scholarship Benefits
The Scholarship for All Nationalities is a fully funded program that provides successful applicants with the followings:
- Full tuition waiver.
- Monthly Stipend.
- Health insurance (if needed).
- Extra Bonus:
- Up to AED 3,000 from supervisor’s external research project, or.
- Up to AED 2,000 from supervisor’s internal research project.
PhD Programes at the UAEU
Below is the list of available Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programmes at the United Arab Emirates University.
At the College of Engineering, PhD in:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Water Resources
- Material Science and Engineering
At the College of Food and Agriculture, PhD in:
- Food Science
- Horticultural Science
- Nutritional Sciences
- Animal Science.
At the College of Information Technology, PhD in:
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Network Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
- Information Security.
At the College of Law
Doctor of Philosophy in Law
At the College of Science, PhD in:
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Ecology and Environmental Sciences
At the College of Medicine and Health Sciences, PhD in:
- Doctor of Pharmacy
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences
- PhD in Public Health and Occupational Health.
At the College of Business and Economics:
Doctor of Business Administration.
UAEU PhD Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for the Scholarship, you must:
- Have a GPA ≥ 3.5/4.0 in Master’s degree.
- Have no employment or other financial sponsorship.
- Have dissertation in one of the UAE priority sectors (Renewable Energy, Transportation, Education, Health, Water, Technology, Space).
- Meet the PhD admission requirements and apply.
Duties and Expectations:
- Maintain GPA ≥ 3.3 at the PhD level.
- Be enrolled full-time (min. of 9 credits/semester) at the PhD level.
- Be available at UAEU full-time.
- Commit to a minimum of 40 hours/week on courses and/or research project.
- University of Toronto International Students Scholarship;
- Turkish Government Research Scholarship;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- Koç University in Turkey Scholarships for Master and PhD;
- Brazilian Government Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries;
- Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships (Master – PhD);
- Emile-Boutmy Scholarship at Sciences Po for international students.
To apply for a UAEU PhD Scholarship for All Nationalities, please follow these steps:
- Complete the Admission form online
- download the PhD Scholarship application form
- Complete the form
- Submit the completed application form with the required documents (all in English) as attachments via email to [email protected].
- Copy of Bachelor degree transcript
- Copy of Master degree transcript
- Copy of CV with a list of relevant publications
- Statement of research interest (300 words max.)
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who supervised your academic or research work.
Note: Incomplete applications will not be processed. You may attach any evidence of relevant certifications and standardized test scores (e.g., GRE), if applicable. For any concerns, please send your requests to [email protected].
The deadline to submit applications for fall 2021 Admission is . To know more about the UAEU PhD Scholarship for All Nationalities, please visit the official page. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.