The King Abdulaziz University Scholarship is a fully funded program that is designed for qualified local and international students to conduct studies at the King Abdulaziz University. The scholarship open for Master degree and PhD applicants to study in a wide range of subjects.
All interested candidates are invited to apply for the King Abdulaziz University Scholarship. The online application portal is open throughout the year (for Fall and Spring semesters). Scholarship holders are expected to fulfill their research obligations; to carry out their responsibilities and perform their duties in accordance with all relevant KAU rules and regulations. They should devote a sufficient amount of time and energy towards achieving their degree.
King Abdulaziz University Scholarship Details
- Host Institution: King Abdulaziz University (KAU).
- Field of Study: For PhD Candidates: Faculty of Arts & Humanities, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Meteorology, Environment Arid Land Agriculture, Faculty of Marine Science, Faculty of Environmental Design, Faculty of Computing & Information Technology.
For Master’s Candidates: Faculty of Arts & Humanities, Faculty of Economics and Administration, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Meteorology, Environment Arid Land Agriculture, Faculty of Marine Science, Faculty of Environmental Design, Faculty of Computing & Information Technology.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Duration of the student’s programme.
- Target group: Open to all nationalities.
King Abdulaziz University Scholarship Benefits
The King Abdulaziz University Scholarship provides successful applicants with:
- A monthly bursary of SR 900
- A monthly bursary SR 1000 (a research assistant without summer time )
- A preparation allowance when coming for the first time of SR 1,800.
- The candidate would receive the health care.
- Providing an accommodation and facilities.
- Subsidized meals can be provided for the candidate.
- A total sum of SR 4,000 for PhD, and SR 3.000 for masters’ allowance for printing the thesis.
- An allowance of SR 2,700 for shipping books (when graduated).
- Providing the candidate with a two-way ticket annually.
King Abdulaziz University Scholarship Eligibility
To qualify for this scholarship, Applicants must:
- not have more than (35) years old for PhD, and (30) years old for Masters.
- have a university degree from an accredited college or university and should have a degree with “very good” at least.
- be in good health and have a record of good Conduct.
- not have been dismissed from any university in the kingdom.
- pass english exams (Only for candidates from non English speaking countries) and obtain minimum scores are as follow:
- TOEFL (PBT) = 500
- TOEFL (CBT) = 173
- TOEFL (IBT) = 61
- IELTS = 5
Interested applicants must click here or on the apply button below and follow instructions to fill the application form and submit it. Application is open all year. There is no deadline. Candidates are selected twice a year for spring and fall semester intakes. For more detail on the King Abdulaziz University Scholarship, please visit the official page.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Statement of purpose (in English for all programs except in Islamic Studies and Arabic Language).
- A copy of graduation certificate (certified from Saudi Embassy).
- copy of transcript (certified from Saudi Embassy).
- Two recommendation letters.
- A copy of a valid passport with at least one year validity.