Applications are currently being received for the 2023-2024 Indian Government ICCR and MEA Scholarships. The program regroups different types of scholarships for Foreign Students to study at undergraduate and postgraduate levels as well as conducting research in India. The program is intended for citizens of specific countries (specified in each type of scholarship) interested in studying at Indian universities and higher education institutes.
The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) has the mandate to administer the Indian government’s different scholarship programs and provide about 3500 scholarships to foreign students from many countries on an annual basis. Candidates can study a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree programs in available fields at higher educational institutions in India.
- Field of study and Host Institutions: Courses and programs available at universities listed on the Scholarship Portal.
- Number of Awards: About 3500.
- Duration: Candidate’s program duration.
- Target group: Varies per scholarship type.
Also Check : Science by Women Fellowship Programme in Spain
A brief list of available scholarship types:
1. General Scholarship Scheme – ICCR
The GSS is one of the important scholarship schemes of ICCR and is open to foreign students belonging to Asian and Latin American Countries.
2. Bangladesh Scholarship Scheme – ICCR
This scholarship is open for citizens of Bangladesh to study in India
3. Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme – ICCR
The program aims to implement the policy of Commonwealth countries to contribute together in providing higher education to each other and is open for students of Commonwealth Countries.
4. AYUSH Scholarship Scheme for BIMSTEC Countries – MEA
This scheme is meant for BIMSTEC countries (Thailand, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan and Myanmar). Under this scheme, some scholarships are provided to pursue courses in the Indian traditional medical system such as Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy.
5. Aid-to-Maldives Scholarship Scheme – MEA
The scholarship scheme is open for Bhutan, Maldives and Mongolia students.
Open for citizens of African countries.
Open for citizens of all countries in the world who wish to study Indian Culture such as dance, music, theatre, performing art, sculpture, Indian languages, Indian cuisine, etc.
Note: For full scholarship programs, please visit the official page.
Indian Government ICCR and MEA Scholarships Benefits
ICCR scholarship is a fully funded program that provides the following Benefits :
- Health insurance;
- Tuition fee waiver;
- Living allowances;
- Thesis and dissertation allowance, etc.
Indian Government ICCR and MEA Scholarships Eligibility
In order to be eligible for this Asia scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be a citizen of an eligible country;
- have good knowledge of English to the extent of fluently speaking in English and comprehending lessons in English without any difficulty.
- have a:
- Singapore Government Scholarship;
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships;
- CSA Group Graduate Scholarship To Study in Canada.
How to Apply for the Indian Government ICCR and MEA Scholarships
Interested applicants who wish to apply for this government scholarship must click on the apply button below to access the A2A ICCR Scholarship Portal, follow instructions to apply and submit the form.
- Applications should be complete in every detail to avoid rejection of the same by the A2A portal.
- Upload English-certified copies of documents available in languages other than English.
- Applicants applying for M. Phil/Doctoral courses should submit a synopsis along with the application.
- Applicants wishing to pursue a performing arts course should upload the latest Video/Audio/YouTube link of their performance.
- Students who are already studying in India will have to apply afresh through the A2A portal, as no physical application will be processed.
Note: Applicants must read instructions, detailed application guidelines, procedure and norms governing the ICCR Scholarships on the A2A Portal before applying.
The application deadline for the Indian Government ICCR and MEA Scholarships for foreign students is has been extended to . For more details, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.