Application call for the ICCR Scholarship for Indian Culture program is now open. ICCR has announced 100 Scholarship slots globally under the “ICCR Scholarship for Indian Culture” for pursuing the study of Indian Culture such as dance, music, theatre, performing art, sculpture, Indian languages, Indian cuisine, etc. for the academic year 2023-2024.
Founded in 1950, the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) aims to actively participate in the formulation and implementation of policies and programs pertaining to India’s external cultural relations; to foster and strengthen cultural relations and mutual understanding between India and other countries; to promote cultural exchanges with other countries and people, and to develop relations with nations.
- Field of study and Host Institutions: Courses and programs available at universities listed on the Scholarship Portal.
- Number of Awards: 100.
- Duration: Candidate’s program duration.
- Target group: The scholarship is open to citizens of all countries in the world.
ICCR Scholarship for Indian Culture Benefits
Selected applicants for the Indian Government ICCR scholarship will be provided with the following Benefits depending on their situation:
- Health insurance;
- Tuition fee waiver;
- Air fare;
- Living allowances (Indian currency):
ICCR Scholarship for Indian Culture Eligibility
To apply for this government scholarship, applicants must have the following profile:
- Be a citizen of any country in the world.
- Be between the age of 18-30 years.
- Medium of instruction is English in all the Universities in India. Applicants should therefore have good knowledge of English to the extent that they are able to fluently speak in English and comprehend lessons in English without any difficulty. To ascertain the English proficiency of the applicants, a 500-word essay in English has been introduced.
- Italian Government Scholarship for Foreign and Italian Citizens;
- Japan and World Bank Scholarship for Developing Countries;
- Skoltech Scholarship in Russia for Local and International Students.
How to Apply for the ICCR Scholarship for Indian Culture
Interested applicants must click on the apply button below to access the A2A ICCR Scholarship Portal, follow the instructions to apply, and submit the form.
- Applicants must read instructions, detailed application guidelines, procedure, and norms governing the ICCR Scholarships on the A2A Portal before applying.
- Applicants are advised to read all the instructions on the online portal for filling out the online application and leave no field blank.
- Applicants may opt for 5 Universities/Institutes in order of their preference. Admission, as far as possible, shall be given as per the applicant’s preference. However, there may be a scenario when students do not get admission to their preferred Universities/Institutes due to a limited number of seats on offer. Students should therefore be prepared to receive admission from any of their five preferences.
- The Applicants are advised to visit the respective University/institute website regularly for courses offered, eligibly criteria, and general information about the university/institute before applying for admission.
The application deadline is . For more detail on the ICCR Scholarship for Indian Culture, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.