Application for the Skoltech Scholarship in Russia For National and International Students is now opened. The scholarship aims to support international students willing to study a Master’s or PhD degree at the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) in Russia.
Skoltech is a private research and academic institute located in the Moscow. Founded in 2011 with MIT’s collaboration, Skoltech aims to prepare a new generation of researchers and entrepreneurs, with the goal of solving important technological research problems that Russia and the rest of the world may face in the future.
Currently, Skoltech has 136 professors, 143 postdocs and researchers, 202 engineers and technicians and over 1,000 students. As of the end of 2018, the funding for grants and R&D contracts exceeded 1 billion rubles and is expected to reach 1.5 billion by the end of 2019. Skoltech operates 5 joint labs with Russian and international technology leaders – Sberbank, Gazprom Neft, Huawei, Oerlikon, and Topcon.
- Host institution: Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) in Russia.
- Fields of Study: List of available programs at the university (Check list below).
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Normal duration of the programme.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
Skoltech Scholarship in Russia Benefits
All applicants are automatically considered for funding (education is free of charge). Therefore, candidates who have successfully passed the admission process and are enrolled at the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology will have the following benefits:
- Full tuition fees;
- medical insurance;
- the standard stipend is 40,000 rubles for Master’s students;
- for graduate students, this can be up to 75,000 rubles;
- any further funding will be decided on a case by case basis by the admission committee.
Available Programs at Skoltech
Below is the list of available master’s degree and PhD degrees at the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology
Master of Sсience Programs
- Data Science
- Petroleum Engineering
- Photonics and Quantum Materials
- Mathematical and Theoretical Physics
- Life Sciences
- Space and Engineering Systems
- Energy Systems
- Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
- Materials Science
- Information Science and Technology.
- Mathematics and Mechanics
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Life Sciences
- Computational and Data Science and Engineering
- Engineering Systems
- Petroleum Engineering.
Skoltech Scholarship in Russia Eligibility
To apply for the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology scholarship, must meet the following criteria:
- Master’s programs applicants must have appropriate Bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, from a recognized university.
- Doctoral programs applicants must have appropriate Master’s degree, or its equivalent, from a recognized university.
- Applications are open to domestic and international students.
- Applicants must be in their final year of their undergraduate studies or hold a higher education degree (Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or specialist degree) with a good average point in one of the areas listed above.
- Additionally, a minimum score of 80 on the TOEFL iBT, 450 on the TOEFL ITP or 6 on the IELTS is required. The language certificate should be valid for 2 years after the test date. A TOEFL or IELTS score is not required if the applicant received a degree at a university where the medium of instruction is English. No exceptions are made for this policy and only TOEFL and IELTS scores are accepted. Skoltech’s institutional code for the TOEFL iBT is 2909. Or pass the TOEFL ITP exam on site (Check registration step 4 below).
- Those who hold a degree in humanities or social sciences must have extended knowledge in areas of study offered by Skoltech.
Note: Skoltech receives more applications than available places. Therefore, meeting the minimum admission requirement does not necessarily guarantee admission.
- Holland Scholarship for Non-EEA International Students;
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship To Study in Canada;
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University Scholarships;
- Ashinaga Africa Initiative to Support Orphaned Students;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at HIT;
- DAAD University Summer Courses in Germany for All;
- Turkish Government Research Scholarship.
Why study at Skoltech?
Below are five reasons to apply to Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology.
- Enjoy courses and supervision under world-renowned scientists and engineers.
- Find significant freedom in choosing courses; design an individual study plan that allows you to obtain a modern education with a broad interdisciplinary component. Check out the possibility to choose between fundamental and applied profiles within the program.
- Experience an open dynamic international environment that brings together hundreds of scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs with serious ambitions. Students and professors from more than 25 countries study and teach at Skoltech. English is our language of instruction and official business.
- Discover opportunities to visit world-leading universities and international conferences. More than 1/3 of our students have spent or will spend a semester at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and other top universities.
- Explore the integration of research, education and innovation. Discover a culture of supporting students startups. Not enough for you? Please watch the video below.
How to Apply for the Skoltech Scholarship in Russia
There is no separate application for funding. All admitted Master and PhD students are automatically considered for funding. Therefore, applicants willing to benefit from the Skoltech Scholarship must follow steps below to get admitted at Skoltech.
Step 1: Registration
Fill out the registration form to receive instructions for the application process. Please click on the apply button below, to access the form.
Step 2: Submit your application
Familiarize yourself with the list of required supporting documents, upload them into the application system as they become ready and submit your application by the deadline.
Step 3: Online testing
Every candidate must take an online profile test. You will be notified by email about the specific date and time of your test. Please find sample exams here.
Step 4: Enrollment
The final admissions stage takes place in Moscow. You have to pass the TOEFL ITP exam on site, or present a valid TOEFL certificate and pass an in-person interview. Extra written examinations may be required for certain programs during this time (you will be notified in advance).
- two letters of recommendation;
- and a motivation letter;
- Submission of either TOEFL or IELTS test results is required by “Selection Weekend.” Applicants who did not get a chance to take any of these official tests will be able to take the TOEFL ITP during “Selection Weekend” at Skoltech.
No application fee is required. The application deadline is for Master’s degree applicants and for PhD applicants. For more detail on the Skoltech Scholarship in Russia, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.