The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.
SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities in Singapore.
- Host Institutions: Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS) or Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) in Singapore.
- Area: Biomedical Sciences, Physical Science and Engineering.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration : Normal programme duration.
- Eligible countries: Open to all Nationalities
Singapore International Graduate Award Benefits
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
Estimated cost of living in Singapore
|Items||Per Student Per Month (S$)|
|Food||University Canteens||250 – 350|
|Meals outside Campus||450 – 600|
|Accommodation (based on a single room)||On – Campus*||400 – 700|
|Transport Expenses (local)||100 – 150|
|Other Expenses (stationary, laundry, toiletries, recreation, etc.)||400 – 500|
|Total Estimated Cost of Living||1,400 – 2,000|
*Priority for on-campus accommodation is usually given to first year students.
Singapore International Graduate Award Eligibility
Applicants for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA), must satisfy following criteria:
- Be international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
- Global PhD Scholarship in Computer Science For All;
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship;
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship for Undergraduate;
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research);
- Canadian Government Banting Fellowships;
- SUSTech Integrated Master-PhD and PhD Scholarships.
Eligible applicants who would like to apply for the scholarship must follow steps below to submit their applications.
- Click on the apply button below to apply through the online application platform.
- Upload required documents
- Identification card or Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo (in.jpeg or.png format)
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts (English translation).
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred (English translation).
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results (Optional). However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
- You will be required to indicate your choices of supervisor in the application form.
- Do NOT mail any hard copy documents to SINGA Office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
- A*STAR Supervisors and Projects,
- NTU Supervisors and Projects,
- NUS Supervisors and Projects,
- SUTD Supervisors and Projects.
The deadline to submit applications for August 2021 intake is . For more detail on the Singapore International Graduate Award, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.