Application are now opened for the 2021 Government of Azerbaijan Scholarship program. This scholarship program to study in Asia main goal is to attract international students from eligible countries to complete their university studies and research in the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The Azerbaijan Government Scholarship is fully funded and available for citizens of the OIC and the NAM member countries, who wish to study at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD degree levels in Azerbaijan. The Azerbaijan scholarship program is opened for international students who are interested in getting university degrees in a wide range of fields that are available at higher educational institutions in Azerbaijan.
Each year, the scholarship program provides an opportunity for selected candidates to study in Azerbaijan leading universities at the preparatory courses, undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and general medicine/residency programs. The application process does not require you to pay any fee. English Proficiency Certificate are only required if you’re applying for English-taught programs.
- Host Institution: Please check the List of participating universities below.
- Eligible Program: Fields of study available at partner universities.
- Number of Awards: Not specified (Many).
- Duration: Candidate’s program duration.
- Target group: Open to citizens of the OIC and the NAM member countries. Please check full list of eligible countries below.
Government of Azerbaijan Scholarship Benefits
Successful applicants for the Government of Azerbaijan Scholarship will have following benefits.
- Tuition fees;
- International flight (once in a year, economy class);
- Monthly allowance (800 AZN, includes meals, accommodation and cost of utilities);
- Medical insurance;
- Visa and registration cost.
The Azerbaijan Government Scholarship is opened to citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Brunei, Bolivia, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Comoros, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, North Korea,
Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Mongolia, Morocco, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Rwanda, São Tomé and Principe, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Government of Azerbaijan Scholarship Eligibility
To qualify for a Scholarship, Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Citizens of the OIC and the NAM member countries As shown above;
- For undergraduate and general medicine programs, candidates must be younger than 25 years old;
- For graduate and residency programs, candidates must be younger than 30 years old;
- For doctoral programs, candidates must be younger than 40 years old.
List of Universities
Below is the list of universities where candidates can be admitted as the Azerbaijan Government Scholarship holders.
- ADA University – http://www.ada.edu.az/en-US/Pages/home.aspx
- Azerbaijan University of Languages – http://adu.edu.az/en/
- Azerbaijan State Agricultural University – http://www.adau.edu.az/
- Azerbaijan State University of Economics – http://unec.edu.az/en/
- Azerbaijan State University of Culture and Arts – http://www.admiu.edu.az/en.php
- Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University – http://www.asoiu.edu.az/en
- Baku Higher Oil School – http://www.bhos.edu.az/en/index
- Azerbaijan State Pedagogical University – http://www.adpu.edu.az/
- Azerbaijan Arts Academy – https://www.azra.edu.az/eng
- Azerbaijan University of Architecture and Construction – http://azmiu.edu.az/?lang=en
- Azerbaijan National Conservatory – http://conservatory.edu.az/en
- Azerbaijan Technical University – http://aztu.edu.az/azp/
- Azerbaijan Medical University – http://amu.edu.az/en
- Azerbaijan University of Tourism and Management – http://atmu.edu.az/
- Baku State University – http://bsu.edu.az/en/
- Baku Engineering University – http://beu.edu.az/en/
- Baku Slavic University – http://bsu-uni.edu.az/en/
- Nakhchivan State University – http://ndu.edu.az//en/
- Baku Music Academy named after Uzeyir Hajibeyov – http://musicacademy.edu.az/
- Khazar University – http://khazar.org/en/
- Ganja State University – http://gdu.edu.az/
- Government of Romania Scholarship ;
- Government of Hungary Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship;
- Chinese Government Scholarship;
- French Government Scholarship;
- Swedish Government Scholarship;
- Turkish Government Research Scholarship.
Candidates must be officially nominated by respective state entities of their country (Ministries, Embassies, etc.). Directly submitted applications by candidates will not be considered.
Candidate’s documents must be officially submitted by the respective state entities of their country to any Embassy or to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
If Azerbaijan does not have a diplomatic mission in the candidate’s country, the application package can be sent through diplomatic channels to any Embassy or to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Completed application form;
- Diplomas or Transcripts from prior High School or University studies;
- Copy of Passport;
- Document on general health status (including HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B and C tests);
- CV or Resume;
- Motivation Letter;
- Proof of English Proficiency (Only for programs in English language). For undergraduate programs IELTS 5, TOEFL 40, for other programs IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 50).
Note: All documents must be translated into English or Russian and notarized.
The deadline to submit application for the 2021 Azerbaijan Government Scholarship is . For more detail on the Government of Azerbaijan Scholarship for international students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.