Those who are willing to conduct research in Turkey are welcome to apply for the Turkish Government Research Scholarship program. The program is funded by the Turkish government and available for all individual from all nationalities that are interested in conducting research at prestigious Turkish universities.
The program aims to strengthen international exchanges between Turkish universities and other universities worldwide through collaborative works between researchers and academicians.
This research program is only available for PhD holders and PhD candidates at dissertation stage for a 3 to 12 months research stay. Selected candidates for the Research Scholarship Program will be provided with a monthly stipend of 3000 TL.
- Host Institution: Partner Turkish Universities (available in the application system) in Turkey.
- Eligible Programs: A wide range of Research fields available at participating Turkish Universities (available in the application system).
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: 3 to 12 months.
- Target group: Open to Citizens of all countries except Turkish citizens and those who have lost their Turkish citizenship.
Turkish Government Research Scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates for the Research Scholarship will receive a monthly stipend of 3000 TL. Furthermore, they will have access to necessary research facilities at host institutions.
The scholarship is awarded for research in fields listed below:
- Agriculture Economy
- Art History
- Astronomy, Physics
- Automotive Engineering and Technology
- Biomedical and Biotechnology Engineering
- Business and Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Common Law
- Computer Engineering
- Constitution/Public Law
- Design (Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Fashion, Textile)
- Development Studies
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- Economy, Econometrics
- Educational Sciences, Comparative Education
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Sciences, Ecology
- Finance and Banking
- Food Science and Technology
- General and Comparative Literature
- Genetic Engineering
- Geodesy, Cartography, Remote Sensing
- Industrial Engineering
- International Law
- International Relations, Field Studies
- Islamic Theology
- Livestock Breeding
- Maritime Engineering and Technology
- Marketing and Sale Management
- Materials Science
- Mathematics / Statistics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Media Studies
- Microbiology, Biotechnology
- Museum Studies, Preservation
- Nuclear and High Energy Physics
- Nursing, Midwifery, Physical Therapy
- Philosophy and Ethics
- Political Science, Public Administration
- Preschool Education
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences
- Public Relations, Publicity, Advertisement
- Security Studies
- Social Services
- Sociology and Cultural Studies
- Soil and Water Sciences
- Special Education
- Teacher Education
- Transportation and Traffic Studies
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Veterinary Physician
Turkish Government Research Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for this Turkish Government scholarship program, candidates must hold a PhD degree or be PhD candidates at dissertation stage. Furthermore, they must meet requirements at their host institution.
- University of Toronto International Students Scholarship;
- Sabancı University Undergraduate Scholarship;
- Brazilian Government Scholarship Program for Developing Countries;
- Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships (Master – PhD);
- Hakuho Japanese Research Fellowship;
- The Gates Scholarship Program to Study in the USA;
- Emile-Boutmy Scholarship at Sciences Po for international students.
The Scholarship application is only available online through the application platform. Therefore, eligible applicants must click on the apply button below, create an account and login to fill the application form. Those who have created an account in the past can use it for their application. Please log in, follow instructions to fill the form, upload required documents and submit your application.
The Turkish Government Research Scholarship Program applications are received and evaluated over the course of four Application periods spread out all year round.