Applications are being received for the Douglas College Scholarships for International Students. Douglas College offers nearly $100,000 in entrance scholarships to new international students each year who have proven to be successful in their previous academic studies. There are entrance scholarships for new students registering for fall, winter, and summer semesters, and scholarships for continuing students at Douglas College.
The scholarship is open for undergraduate international students who are currently studying or who will enroll in a program at the university. The scholarship will offer up to CAD 7000. A great opportunity for international students dreaming to study in Canada at the undergraduate level.
Founded in 1970, Douglas College is the largest public degree-granting college institution in British Columbia, Canada. The college is home to around 17,000 credit students, 8,500 continuing education students, and 4,210 international students. Douglas College offers bachelor’s degrees and general university arts and science courses, as well as career programs in health care, human services, business, and the creative arts.
- Host Institutions: Douglas College in Canada.
- Fields of Study: Available fields of study at the university.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Not specified.
- Target Group: Open to all nationalities.
Douglas College Scholarships for International Students Benefits
These university scholarship values vary depending on the status of the international Student. Please check below for the value of each scholarship.
- Douglas International Education Regional Entrance Award: $1000 – 2000
- Dr. Guangwei Ouyang International Education Entrance Scholarship: $2500.
In addition to entrance scholarships, Douglas College students may also qualify for continuing student awards based on their performance throughout the academic year.
- Douglas College International Returning Student Scholarship: The scholarship recognizes international students continuing their studies with Douglas College who have demonstrated academic excellence.
- The Global Citizenship Dean’s Awards recognize students from across Douglas College that embody global competencies in action. Award winners show commitment to global citizenship through their studies (course selection and experiences) and through their community engagement. Across contexts, they also demonstrate high levels of practical global competencies such as perspective-taking, global self-awareness, critical thinking and intercultural communication skills. This annual award is worth $1500 for each recipient
- Continuing student international outbound mobility bursary: Continuing international and domestic students may apply for additional funding to facilitate their participation in an approved international mobility program.
- Athletic scholarship: The purpose of the fund is to cover the difference between International and Domestic student tuition fees. A maximum of 5 eligible recipients will be chosen each academic year to receive up to $7,000 towards their tuition.
Douglas College Scholarships for International Students Eligibility
To apply for these scholarships to study in Canada, candidates must meet the following criteria.
Douglas International Education Regional Entrance Award
- Available to students from: CIS countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan), Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, East Asia, Southeast Asia and South Asia (Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal).
- To be eligible, students must have applied to Douglas College by the official semester application deadline listed below.
- Successful recipients typically have an above-average GPA (B equivalent or higher) and strong English language proficiency test scores (i.e. IELTS 7.0 and above, or equivalent).
Dr. Guangwei Ouyang International Education Entrance Scholarship
- To be considered, students must have already applied to Douglas College.
- Students are selected based on their previous academic performance and their engagement in their school, community, and/or personal development.
- Students from all countries are eligible for these scholarships.
Douglas College International Returning Student Scholarship
- Be an international student enrolled at Douglas College
- Be enrolled in a minimum of nine (9) credits within any academic program or Faculty
- Have completed at least 21 credits at Douglas College with a minimum GPA of 3.75
- Students can receive this award a maximum of two times during their studies at Douglas College:
- Once they have completed a minimum of 21 credit hours, but less than 42 credit hours
- Once the student has completed a minimum of 42 credits
Continuing student Global Citizenship Dean Award
- 3.0 or better cumulative GPA at the time of application
- Must have completed 21 or more credits at Douglas College
- Must not have received the award before
- Students must demonstrate outstanding commitment or contribution to community
- Students must demonstrate a link between their studies and global citizenship. For example, the pursuit of global competencies through study and experience (e.g. GCC-eligible courses, study abroad, the pursuit of intercultural WIL or experiences)
Continuing student international outbound mobility bursary
Continuing international and domestic students may apply for additional funding to facilitate their participation in an approved international mobility program. To learn more about international exchange opportunities and available scholarships and awards, please contact Douglas College Global Engagement. For details on international exchanges, visit MyGlobal.
This scholarship was created by Guangwei Ouyang to support the recruitment of international student-athletes to Douglas College. Please contact the college for more details on this scholarship.
- Humber International Student Scholarships;
- Heinrich Böll Foundation scholarships in Germany;
- Usask Graduate Students Scholarships To Study in Canada.
How to Apply for the Douglas College Scholarships for International Students
The application method for these North America scholarship programs vary. Please follow the instructions given below.
- Douglas International Education Regional Entrance Award: No separate application necessary. Students will automatically be assessed upon application to Douglas College and will be notified of this award at the time of admission offer.
- Dr. Guangwei Ouyang International Education Entrance Scholarship: Separate application required. Applicants must complete the entrance scholarship form (PDF) by the below deadline and email along with all supporting documents to Douglas International.
- Douglas College International Returning Student Scholarship: There is no application for this scholarship, candidates are based on the above criteria and notified if they have been awarded a scholarship.
- Continuing student Global Citizenship Dean Award: Students must complete and submit an application by the deadline. In addition, they must provide two references (1 academic, 1 non-academic). For details, please visit: MyGlobal or contact Global Engagement.
- Continuing student international outbound mobility bursary : For more details, please visit: MyGlobal or contact Global Engagement
- Athletic scholarship: For more details on the application process, please visit: MyGlobal or contact Global Engagement.
The application deadline for Summer (May) 2024 intake is . For more details on the Douglas College Scholarships for International Students visit the university website. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.