Laurentian University offer various funding opportunities to its international students. Laurentian University in Canada Scholarships for International Students aims to attract and support brightest minds from around the world to study in an undergraduate, master or PhD degree programs at the university.
Students may receive different awards that maybe sufficient to all expenses. At undergraduate level, Scholarships are limited to students studying in open-enrolment programs. Excluded undergraduate programs include: Architecture, Education, Forensic Science, Human Kinetics, Mechanical Engineering, Midwifery, Nursing, Orthophonie, Radiation Therapy, Social Work and Sports Administration.
Founded in 1960, Laurentian University is a public and bilingual (English-French) university located in Ontario, Canada. Laurentian offers a wide variety of programs to complement a range of interests, including a strong focus on Indigenous culture and research. The university provides more than 50 French-language undergraduate and graduate programs and serves over 1800 Francophone students. Laurentian University has grown from 6,000 to over 9,500 students since 2000 and has one of the highest post-graduation employment rates in Ontario (94.3% after 6 months; 97.4% after two years). Laurentian is the largest bilingual provider of distance education in Canada.
- Host institution: Laurentian University, in Canada.
- Fields of study: Available programs at the university.
- Number of grants: Not specified.
- Duration: up to 4 years.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
Laurentian University in Canada Scholarships for International Students Benefits
The Laurentian University Academic Excellence Scholarships program is designed to recognize and reward students with high academic achievement who are registered in a 100% course load in two semesters (fall/winter) and pay International fees to Laurentian University. The value of the scholarship will depend on the student’s (undergraduate) average grade point average (GPA) as shown below:
- 90% to 100% average undergraduate students will be receiving up to $60,000 in scholarship awards ($15,000 in first year, renewable in subsequent years provided average is maintained)
- 80% to 89.9% average undergraduate students will be receiving up to $40,000 in scholarship awards ($10,000 in first year, renewable in subsequent years provided average is maintained)
For Graduate Students
- Masters students are eligible for $600 and Ph.D. students, $1,200. Travel funds are for the duration of the student’s program and do not renew annually.
- Dean’s Entrance Scholarship: A one-time, non-renewable award of $1,500 is available to Master’s students entering their first year of study. Students with an average of over 90% will receive $3,000 (Not available to MBA students)
- OGS: Applications must be completed one year in advance to their intended study start date. (ex. If a student plans to start in September 2020, they MUST complete an application in 2019.) Applications can be submitted even if the applicant has not yet applied or has officially accepted entrance into a program at LU
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship/Fellowship (GTA)
- The 2020-2021 value of the GTA is $9,180 for M.Sc. students ($4,484 is the salary portion paid on a bi-weekly basis and the graduate fellowship is payable in one installment of $4,696 into the students Laurentian University account), and
- $13, 307 for Ph.D. students ($6,651 in the salary portion paid on a bi-weekly basis and the graduate fellowship is payable in one installment of $6,656 into the students Laurentian University account).
Graduate programs at the Laurentian University
Below is the list of available graduate programs at the Laurentian University.
- Architecture (M.Arch.)
- Biology (M.Sc.)
- Biomolecular Sciences (PhD)
- Boreal Ecology (PhD)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Chemical Sciences (M.Sc.)
- Computational Sciences (M.Sc.)
- Engineering Science (M.A.Sc., M.Eng., PhD)
- Forensic Science (MFS)
- Geology (M.Sc.)
- Histoire (M.A.) (French program)
- History (MA)
- Humanités (Interprétation et valeurs), (French program)
- Humanities (MA)
- Human Kinetics (Ph.D.)
- Human Studies and Interdisciplinarity (PhD)
- Indigenous Relations (MIR)
- Interdisciplinary Health (MA or MSc)
- Maîtrise en kinésie humaine (MKH) (French program)
- Master’s in Human Kinetics (MHK)
- Materials Science (PhD)
- Mineral Deposits and Precambrian Geology (PhD)
- Nursing (MScN)
- Orthophonie (M.Sc.S.) (French program)
- Physics (M.Sc.)
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (MScN)
- Psychology (MA)
- Rural and Northern Health (PhD)
- Santé Interdisciplinaire (French program)
- Science Communication (M.S.Com or G.Dip)
- Sciences humaines et interdisciplinarité (Ph.D.) (French program)
- Sciences infirmières (M.Sc.Inf.) (French program)
- Sciences infirmières – (M.Sc.Inf.) (Infirmier/ère practitien/ne) (French program)
- Service social (M.S.S.) (French program)
- Social Work (MSW)
- Sociologie (M.A.) (French program)
- Sociology (MA).
Undergraduate programs at the Laurentian University
Below is the list of available undergraduate programs at the Laurentian University.
- Actuarial Science
- Administration des affaires (comptabilité, entrepreneurship, finance, gestion des opérations, gestion internationale, marketing, ressources humaines) (French program),
- Ancient Studies
- Architecture (in English with French options)
- Baccalauréat en Sciences infirmières pour infirmiers et infirmières autorisées (French program)
- Bachelor of Engineering – Génie chimique Bilingual program
- Bachelor of Engineering – Génie mécanique Bilingual program
- Bachelor of Engineering – Génie minier Bilingual program
- Behavioural Neuroscience
- Biochimie (French program)
- Biologie (French program)
- Biologie Biomédicale (French program)
- Biomedical Biology
- Biomedical Physics
- Business Administration (Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Human Resources Management, International Management, Operations Management, Marketing)
- Business Administration (online BBA)
- Chemical Engineering
- Classical Studies
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Criminologie (French program)
- Droit et justice (French program)
- Earth Sciences
- Éducation (French program)
- Éducation physique et santé (French program)
- English – Literature and Rhetoric
- Environmental (Geoscience, Science, Studies)
- Environnement et développement durable (French program)
- Équité, diversité et droits de la personne (French program)
- Equity, Diversity, and Human Rights
- Études journalistiques (French program)
- Fine Arts and more. Please click here for full list of undergraduate programs.
Laurentian University in Canada Scholarships for International Students Eligibility
To benefit from these entrance scholarships, candidates must satisfy.
- minimum admission requirements;
- program-specific requirements;
- language requirements;
- have applied for admission to an undergraduate, master’s or PhD degree program in any field at Laurentian University.
Furthermore, for the Graduate Teaching Assistantship/Fellowship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be registered full time.
- Masters are eligible for 2 years, Ph.D. are eligible for 4
- Need a B+ average to qualify (75%) for new Masters students
- Students will receive an email where they can fill out the application.
- McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship to Study in Canada;
- Concordia Presidential Scholarships to Study in Canada;
- McMaster University in Canada Entrance Awards;
- Huron International Presidential Scholarship To Study in Canada;
- Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program;
- uLethbridge School of Graduate Studies Scholarship;
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship at Carleton University in Canada.
Why study at the Laurentian University?
Please watch the short video below to see if the Laurentian University is what you’re looking for.
Interested candidates in this scholarship to study in North America need to take admission in an undergraduate or graduate degree programs at the Laurentian University. Please use this link for undergraduate admission and this one for graduate admission.
Some scholarship may be awarded at the time of admission, while others may require additional application. Once admitted, students will receive further information on scholarship they qualify for. For examples, Eligible students for the Graduate Teaching Assistantship/Fellowship will receive an email where they can fill out the application.
The deadline varies per programs. However, the deadline for most programs is . Please click here for graduate programs specific deadlines. For further details on the Laurentian University in Canada Scholarships for International Students, please visit the official page. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.