Applications have opened for the Schwarzman Scholars Program at Tsinghua University. The Schwarzman Scholarship is available for a rigorous and innovative Master’s of Global Affairs degree program at Tsinghua University, one of the China’s leading universities.
The program is fully funded and provide necessary funding to selected candidates for the duration of their studies. Drawing on the best traditions of Tsinghua and top academic institutions around the world, the curriculum bridges the academic and professional worlds to educate students about leadership and about China’s expanding role in the world.
The Schwarzman Scholars Program also provides successful applicants with unparalleled learning opportunities with leaders from China and the world through high-level interactions at lectures, an internship program, a mentors network, and intensive deep-dive travel seminars.
- Host institution: Tsinghua University in Beijing, China.
- Fields of Study: Humanities Master’s Degree Programs in Global Affairs with concentrations on one of the following disciplines: Public Policy, Economic and Business, International Studies.
- Number of Awards: Up to 200.
- Duration : Depends on the program of study.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities. However, 40% of the class will come from the United States, 20% from China, and 40% from the rest of the world.
Schwarzman Scholars Program at Tsinghua University Benefits
Schwarzman Scholars will receive a comprehensive scholarship which will provide the following benefits:
- Tuition Fees;
- Room and board;
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year;
- In-country study tour;
- Required course books and supplies;
- A Lenovo laptop;
- Health insurance;
- A stipend of $4,000 for personal expenses;
Schwarzman Scholars Program at Tsinghua University Eligibility
To apply for this scholarship to study in Asia, candidates must have the following profile:
- Be between 18-29 years of age;
- Applicants are expected to have demonstrated agility and superior performance in their academic studies;
- English language requirement:
- IELTS: 7;
- TOEFL iBT: 100;
- TOEFL PBT: 600.
- Or have studied in English for two or more years at a Master’s degree level or higher;
- Applicants from all parts of the world are welcome to apply for the Schwarzman Scholars program;
- Single or Married applicants are both welcomed to apply without any discrimination. However, no extra allowances will be provided for married candidates;
- The program is open to all without any discrimination of color, sex, location, race, veteran statuses, religion / beliefs, ethnic/national origins etc.
- University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarship for All;
- Special Scholarship Program at Kochi University of Technology;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarships for Master and PhD;
- Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarship at Laval University;
Applications for candidates from Hong Kong, China, Taiwan or Macao is now open and will close on May 31, 2021. For U.S and Global applicants, the application will open between April 2021 and September 2021.
- Students from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao can apply through the China application portal.
- For U.S. and Global applicants please wait till April and click on the apply button below.
- Online application
- Resume (2 page maximum)
- Transcripts/Academic Records
- Essays (2)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Video (optional)
Applicants are discouraged from submitting any supplemental materials that are not required, such as portfolios, writing samples, additional recommendations, etc. Such materials will not be shared with the Review Committee.
The application deadline is for candidates from Hong Kong, China, Taiwan or Macao and for U.S. and Global applicants. For more detail on the Schwarzman Scholars Program at Tsinghua University, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.