Facebook has start receiving application for its 2021 fellowship program. The Facebook Fellowship Program is designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to Computer Science and Engineering at an accredited university anywhere in the world.
The program is fully funded and designed for students in any year of their PhD study and supports talented students from traditionally under-represented minority groups.
Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s academic achievement and research potentials. Winners of the Fellowship are entitled to receive two years of tuition and fees paid, a stipend of $37,000 each year and up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
- Host Institution(s): An accredited university in any country.
- Research Areas: Applied Statistics, AR/VR Photonics and Optics, AR/VR Privacy and Ethics, Blockchain and Cryptocurrency, Computational Social Science, Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, Compute Storage and Efficiency, Distributed Systems, Economics and Computation, Instagram/Facebook App Well-being and Safety, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Networking and Connectivity, Privacy and Data Use, Programming Languages, Security/Privacy, Social and Economic Policy, Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification, Structured Data Stores, Systems for Machine Learning.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: 2 years.
- Target group: Open to all.
Facebook Fellowship Program Benefits
Winners of the Facebook Fellowship Program are entitled to receive the following fees:
- Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters);
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year);
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support;
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit;
- Various opportunities to engage with Facebook researchers.
Facebook Fellowship Program Eligibility
To be eligible for a Facebook Fellowship Program, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Applicants must be full-time PhD students currently involved in ongoing research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country
- Students’ work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas above)
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded.
- University of Toronto International Students Scholarship;
- Turkish Government Research Scholarship;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- Koç University in Turkey Scholarships for Master and PhD;
- Brazilian Government Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries;
- Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships (Master – PhD);
- Emile-Boutmy Scholarship at Sciences Po for international students.
Please submit your application for the Facebook Fellowship Program by using the apply button below.
- 500-word research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
- Two letters of recommendation. Please provide reference email addresses. One reference must be from an academic advisor
The Application deadline is . To know more about the Facebook Fellowship Program, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.