Provided by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the 2020-2021 Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships are now opened for application.
The programme is fully funded and available for citizens of developing countries to study at the Czech Republic higher education institutions. More than 20 thousands foreign students have already benefited from the programme.
Candidate who chose to study in Czech language will need to attend a one-year language class. For those who choose to study in English, they will start their programmes after their arrival. The scholarship is available for master degree and PhD degree studies.
- Host institutions: Higher educational institutions in the Czech Republic.
- Fields of study: Eligible programmes at host institutions.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: up to 3 years for Master’s degree programmes and up to 4 years for doctoral programmes.
- Eligible countries: Open to citizens of the following countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ethiopia, Georgia, Cambodia, Moldova, Ukraine, and Zambia.
Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships Benefits
The programme provides a scholarship that is enough to covers the necessary costs (accommodation, food and public transport etc.) related to staying and studying in the Czech Republic. The amount is updated on regular basis. The current amount are as shown below:
- Master’s degree studies: CZK 14,000 per month,
- Doctoral degree studies: CZK 15,000 per month;
- Standard health insurance;
- Travel expenses for travelling to the Czech Republic and back to the student’s home country are paid by the party that nominated the student to study in the Czech Republic or by the foreign national at his/her own cost.
Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships Eligibility
This scholarship to study in the Czech Republic is dedicated solely to promoting the studies of foreign nationals from developing third countries. Therefore, applicants must
- be a foreigner and holding citizenship of one of the eligible country listed above;
- not be a permanent resident of the Czech Republic;
- have a Bachelor’s degree to apply for a master degree programme;
- have a master degree to apply for doctoral programmes.
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship;
- Special Scholarship Program at Kochi University of Technology;
- KAUST Scholarship 2020 for Master and PhD Students;
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS)
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research).
Eligible applicants should click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications.
- copy of passport;
- documents of any started, passed and unfinished studies;
- list of foreign study/research stays (year, place, purpose, length) in the last 5 years;
- motivation letter (approx. 1000 characters).
The last day to apply is . To know more about the Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.