Application are now opened for admission to graduate programmes at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology for the next semester intakes. GIST Scholarships for Graduate Students are awarded to all admitted korean and international students in graduate programmes. Therefore, candidates willing to benefit from this scholarship should apply and get admitted to one of the university’s graduate programme.
The scholarship is fully-funded and available for studies in a wide range of programmes (science, engineering and technology) offered by the university. Candidates can choose to study in a Master, PhD, or Integrated MS-PhD degree programme. This is a unique opportunity for international students dreaming to study in South Korea.
Founded in 1993 by the Korean government, the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) is a research-oriented university that focuses on the fields of applied science and engineering. The institute is located in Gwangju, South Korea and is one of the leading research institutions in the country.
- Host institution: The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), South Korea.
- Field of Studies: Available programmes at the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, School of Materials Science and Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering, School of Life Science, Department of Physics and Photon Science, Department of Chemistry, Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering, School of Integrated Technology, Artificial Intelligence Graduate School.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Master’s Program (4 semesters), Doctoral Program (6 semesters), or MS-Ph.D Program (10 semesters).
- Eligible countries: Open to All nationalities.
GIST Scholarships for Graduate Students Benefits
Selected candidates for the GIST Scholarship will have the following benefits:
- Tuition fully supported (All students): 3,415,000 won per semester
- Monthly Stipends (All International Students)
- 140,000 won per month for M.S. students
- 295,000 won per month for Ph.D. students
- Meal allowance: nearly 100,000 won per month.
- International student allowance: 120,000 won per month. For candidates with GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.5) in the previous semester
- Research Assistantship (All students participating in research projects)
- 4,785,384 won per year of M.S.
- 12,263,262 won per year of PhD
- Housing (All Students)
- Health Insurance (All International Students):
- 80% of the private health insurance is supported.
- Annual medical checkup
- Flight Reimbursement (All Incoming International Students): Reimbursement for a one-way flight to Korea.
GIST Scholarships for Graduate Students Eligibility
To benefit from this scholarship, applicants must get admitted to a graduate programme at GIST. Therefore, applicants must:
- Meet admission requirements of their respective department;
- Master program applicants must be candidates who have a bachelor’s degree or will be awarded a bachelor’s degree by the first day of class or have an equivalent educational background;
- PhD program applicants must be candidates who have a master’s degree or will be awarded a master’s degree by the first day of class or have an equivalent educational background;
- Meet the English language requirements (Minimum scores): 80 (TOEFL iBT), 6.5 (Academic IELTS), 750 (TOEIC), 600 (TEPS), 327 (NEW TEPS).
You may also be eligible for the:
- University of Science and Technology Scholarship to Study in South Korea;
- Korean Government Scholarship (GKS) For International Students;
- KAIST International Graduate Students Scholarship;
- KAIST International Undergraduate Students Scholarship;
- EPOS DAAD Scholarships In Germany For Development.
All admitted graduate students at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology are awarded GIST scholarships. Hence, interested applicant must follow steps below to get admitted and automatically benefit from GIST scholarships.
- Make sure you meet your programme requirements
- Prepare all required documents
- Hit the apply button below to submit the online application.
- Send all application documents. Thanks to COVID-19, instead of sending documents by post, you might only need to submit them by email to [email protected].
- Online application Form
- Scanned copies of official transcripts & certificates of bachelor’s degree ;
- Scanned copies of official transcripts & certificates of master’s degree ;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Scanned copy of passport;
- English test report. Please click here for more details.
Note : To be considered for admissions, you must have sent your completed application with all required materials before the deadlines. Applications received after the deadline may be considered for the following semester.
The deadline to submit applications for the Spring Semester (starting from March) is . The deadline for the Fall Semester (starting from September) is . For more information on the GIST Scholarships for Graduate Students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.