The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries.The EPOS DAAD Scholarships in Germany programme believes that well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries.
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines a chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
- Host Institutions and Field of study: Eligible fields at any university on the EPOS Brochure (PDF).
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: 12 to 36 months (dependent on study programme).
- Target group: The EPOS DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development is open to nationals of developing and newly industrialised countries.
EPOS DAAD Scholarships in Germany Benefits:
The program will provide successful applicants with the following benefits
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
EPOS DAAD Scholarships in Germany Eligibility:
To qualify for the Program, Applicants must:
- Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas;
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject;
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third)
- Has least two years of related professional experience after the frst degree (bachelor) at the time of application
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
- Language Skills:
- For study courses in German (scholarship includes a preparatory 6-month German language course in Germany): Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement, that needs to be proofed by providing a certificate
- For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
The application deadline depends on the chosen university and study programme. Therefore, please check the scholarship brochure or the website of your chosen study programme and follow instructions. For more details on the EPOS DAAD Scholarships in Germany , please visit the official page.