Application are being received for the University of Lausanne Master’s Scholarship programme. The UNIL Master’s grant has been created to attract outstanding International Students to come and undertake a master degree program at the University of Lausanne in Switzerland.
The Masters scholarships are awarded exclusively to students who have graduated from a foreign university and whose academic results are of a very high level. The university grants around ten scholarships a year.
Founded in 1537, the University of Lausanne (UNIL) is located in Lausanne, Switzerland. In 2011, the university was ranked 116th globally on the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. As of fall 2017, about 15,000 students and 3,300 employees study and work at the university. About 1,500 international students from 120 nationalities have attended the university.
- Host Institution: University of Lausanne (UNIL) in Switzerland.
- Eligible programmes: Master from the School of Medicine, Master of education, Master of Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne, Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism, Master of Science in Physical Education and Sports Didactics, All MASs (PhD programmes) at the University of Lausanne.
- Number of awards: Around 10.
- Duration: Programme normal duration.
- Target groupe: Open to all.
University of Lausanne Master’s Scholarship Benefits
The scholarship is granted for the minimum statutory period of the programme chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen masters), except cases of definitive failure after the first year. Students offered a Scholarship will also be exempt from the fixed registration fees for the courses, except for the CHF 80.00 fees to be paid each semester.
University of Lausanne Master’s Scholarship Eligibility
Applicants for the UNIL Master’s Grants Scholarship must:
- have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the master’s programme at UNIL.
- have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or English according to the language in which your chosen masters is taught.
- Not to have been registered with UNIL in the past.
- have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
- Sabancı University Undergraduate Scholarship;
- Brazilian Government Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries;
- Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships (Master – PhD);
- Hakuho Japanese Research Fellowship;
- The Gates Scholarship Program to Study in the USA;
- Emile-Boutmy Scholarship at Sciences Po for international students;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship.
Eligible candidate should complete the application form on a computer and signed it.
- The application for the Masters scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters (and therefore an application to register at UNIL).
- Incomplete applications, particularly those lacking certified copies of the academic documents requested, will not be considered. Candidates must send their completed application (refer to the document, “List of documents to attach to your application, Application form Masters Scholarship“), unbound, by post only to the following address: Université de Lausanne, Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME), Bâtiment Unicentre, CH – 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland.