Applications are currently being received for the University of Lausanne Master’s Scholarship program. The UNIL Master’s grant has been created to attract outstanding International Students to come and undertake a master’s degree program at the University of Lausanne in Switzerland.
The Master’s scholarships are awarded exclusively to students who have graduated from a foreign university and whose academic results are of a very high level. The university grants around ten scholarships a year.
Founded in 1537, the University of Lausanne (UNIL) is a public research university located in Lausanne, Switzerland. In 2011, the university was ranked 116th globally on the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. As of fall 2017, about 15,000 students and 3,300 employees study and work at the university. About 1,500 international students from 120 nationalities have attended the university.
- Host Institution: University of Lausanne (UNIL) in Switzerland.
- Eligible programs: Please check full list below.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Program normal duration.
- Target group: Open to all.
University of Lausanne Master’s Scholarship Benefits
The scholarship is granted for the minimum statutory period of the program chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen masters), except cases of definitive failure after the first year. Students offered a Scholarship will also be exempt from the fixed registration fees for the courses, except for the CHF 80.00 fees to be paid each semester.
Eligible Programs for the UNIL Scholarship
Below is the list of master’s degree programs at the University of Lausanne that are eligible for the scholarship.
- Faculty of Biology and Medicine
- Faculty of Law, Criminal Justice and Public Administration
- Law (MLaw)
- Law of the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne (MLaw)
- Judicial Careers (MLaw)
- Legal Issues, Crime and Security of Information Technologies (MLaw)
- Law and Economics (MLaw)
- Criminology and Security (MLaw)
- Forensic Science, orientation Physical Identification (MSc)
- Forensic Science, orientation Digital Investigation and Identification (MSc)
- Forensic Science, orientation Chemical Criminalistics (MSc)
- Crime Data Analysis and Traceology (MSc)
- Public Management and Policy (MA)
- Faculty of Geosciences and Environment
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
- Political Science (MA)
- Social Sciences (MA)
- Psychology (MSc)
- Human Movement and Sports Sciences (MSc)
- Sciences and Practices of Education with or without Specialisation (MA)
- Physical Education and Sport Didactics (MSc)
- Digital Humanities (MA)
- Study of Religions with or without Specialisation (MA)
- Public Management and Policy (MA)
- Faculty of Theology and Sciences of Religions
- Interfaculty Programmes
In short, you can apply for all master’s degree programs, except the following programs:
- All MASs (3rd cycle programmes, Further Education programmes)
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master in Sciences and Practices of Education
- Master of Law.Exceptions: Open to applications for Masters Scholarships : Specialisms “International and Comparative Law”,”Legal Theory” and”InternationalTax Law and Policy”
- Master of Science in HealthSciences
- Master of Science in Physical Education and Sport Didactics
- Master of Science in Sustainable Management & Technology
University of Lausanne Master’s Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for this university scholarship, applicants must:
- have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor’s at UNIL before the beginning of the master’s program at UNIL.
- have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- have a language level of at least C1 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or at least C1 in English according to the language in which your chosen master is taught.
- Not to have been registered with UNIL in the past.
- have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
- Ashinaga Africa Initiative to Support Orphaned Students;
- KAUST Scholarship for Master and PhD Students;
- The Gates Scholarship Program to Study in the USA.
How to Apply for the University of Lausanne Master’s Scholarship
Eligible candidate who would like to apply for this scholarship in Europe must apply online and upload their complete application file in PDF during the online application. Application files in PDF sent by email and incomplete application files will not be considered.
Additionally, for candidates with a bachelor issued from a university based in a State which did not ratify the Lisbon Recognition Convention (check your country here ), a certified copy in a sealed envelope of the university of the university documents has to be sent by postal mail. Please consult the procedure to follow regarding the certified copies here (see information in the blue box). The sealed envelope with the certified copies of the university must be sent to the following address within the deadline of 1 November (post mark), but only if the online application was filled in and sent successfully.
Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne
Candidates with a bachelor issued from a university based in a State which did ratify the Lisbon Recognition Convention (check your country here) must not send certified copies by postal mail.
Note : The application for the Masters Scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters (and therefore an application to register at UNIL). Therefore, you do not have to apply for the master’s degree at the Admission Office (SII) of UNIL.
One complete application file in PDF (one document only) to be uploaded during the online application with the following documents in the following order:
- complete and updated CV with a photograph
- motivation letter
- copy of the university diploma(s) (if already obtained) and of the records of grades (transcripts) obtained in all examinations taken at university as well as an authenticated translation of these documents if not issued in French, German, English or Italian
- copy of the program description concerning the final semester or the last year of the bachelor’s degree, if the bachelor’s degree has not yet been obtained
- copy of the official language certificate in which the master at UNIL is taught (if required)
- copy of the secondary school leaving certificate (High School) and an authenticated translation of the document if not issued in French, German, English or Italian
- copy of the passport
- copy of the proof of payment of the Administrative fee of CHF 200. Please click here to see Bank details to make the payment and details on additional documents to send.
The deadline to submit applications is . For more details on the University of Lausanne Master’s Scholarship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.