Applications for the 2021-2022 Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University for international students is now open. The Chinese Government Scholarship (Chinese University Program) is established by the Ministry of Education of China, aiming to develop outstanding international talent and improve the perception of China’s higher education. This scholarship program to study in China is fully funded and opened for full-time studies at master and PhD degree levels at Zhejiang University.
Founded in 1897, Zhejiang University (ZJU; 浙江大学 – Zhèjiāng Dàxué) is a one of the oldest and best institutions of higher education located in Hangzhou, China. ZJU is organized across seven faculties and 37 schools an is home to nearly 4000 full-time faculty members, including 50 members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Engineering. The university has 62,122 students, with 54% postgraduate students and more than 7000 international students.
Zhejiang University has 7 campuses, 5 academic libraries, 7 affiliated hospitals, more than 150 student associations etc. In 2018, the university’s total research funding was ￥4.56 billion and has published 6,903 papers included in SCI, received 1,838 Chinese invention patents, with more than 140 companies created its entrepreneurs.
- Host Institution: Zhejiang University (ZJU) in China.
- Field of Study: Available fields at the university.
- Number of awards: Not Specified.
- Duration: Master’s Degree program (2-3 years), Doctoral Degree program (3-4 years).
- Target group: Open to non-Chinese citizens.
Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University Benefits
The Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University will offer selected candidates the following Benefits:
- Tuition waiver;
- Free accommodation on campus;
- Stipend: Granted in accordance with the relevant standard;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University Eligibility
In order to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University, applicants must meet the following criteria.
- be a non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- NOT be a registered student in a Chinese university at the time of application or graduated from a Chinese university in less than one year ago.
- Education background and age limit:
- doctoral degree studies applicants must be under the age of 40 and have Master’s degree.
- master’s degree studies applicants must be under the age of 35 and have bachelor’s degree.
- have a competitive academic record.
- have strong scientific research ability.
- not be beneficiary of any other scholarship.
- Language proficiency requirements:
- Applicants for Chinese-taught programs of literature, history, philosophy, education and law should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 210, or HSK certificate of level 5 or above;
- applicants for other Chinese-taught programs should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 190, or HSK certificate of level 5 or above.
- There are no Chinese language proficiency requirements for English-taught programs, but they (except for English native speakers) must have an internet-based TOEFL test score 90 or IELTS test score 6.5 (or above).
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University, must follow steps below:
Step 1: CSC online registration
Create an account at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ and choose program Type B. The agent No. of Zhejiang University is 10335. Please download the CSC application form after registration and take note of the CSC serial number.
Step 2: Zhejiang University online registration
Create an account, fill in and submit the application form via the Zhejiang University online application system.
Step 3: Application Submission
Send the application package to the Admissions Office of the International College of Zhejiang University by post or in person by the deadline. Prepare the application materials in duplicate with each set containing the required documents in the following order.
- The CSC online application form printed and signed;
- The Zhejiang University online application form printed and signed;
- A photocopy of passport;
- Highest degree certificate, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they must also provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date.
- Academic transcripts, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Applicants for master’s degree studies need to provide their undergraduate transcripts, and those for doctoral degree studies need to provide their undergraduate and graduate transcripts;
- Photocopies of language (Chinese or English) proficiency certificates. Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate. Candidates for English-instructed programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score. (Not required for English native speakers);
- Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal. No less than 1500 words;
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English. (Professors’ contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter) ;
- Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (if applicable);
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form(filled in English). The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid;
- Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by a ZJU Professor (if available);
Note: All documents must be in Chinese or English. Therefore, all documents in other languages must be attached with their notarized translation in Chinese or English.
The deadline for submitting the application is . For more detail on the Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.