Applications for the FAO Hungarian Government Scholarship 2021-2022 for international students is now opened. The program is financed by the Hungarian Government, according to the Agreement between FAO and Hungary in 2007. Scholarships are provided for citizens of selected developing countries, to undertake studies and research at the zent István University and Szent István University.
The scholarship is available for the following Master of Science degree courses offered in English for the 2021-2022 Academic Year: M.Sc. in Agricultural water management engineering, M.Sc. in plant protection and M.Sc. in crop production. Courses will be offered provided the minimum number of students is reached.
- Host Institutions: The zent István University and Szent István University in Hungary.
- Field of Study: M.Sc. in Agricultural water management engineering, M.Sc. in plant protection and M.Sc. in crop production.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Candidate’s program duration.
- Eligible countries: Open to citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo1, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Republic of Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North Korea, State of Palestine, the Philippines, Republic of Cabo Verde, Serbia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
FAO Hungarian Government Scholarship Benefits
Selected applicants for the FAO-Hungarian Government scholarship for developing countries will be provided by the following Benefits:
- application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes;
- dormitory accommodation;
- subsistence costs;
- health insurance.
The scholarship covers student costs only; family members are not supported within the frame of this program.
FAO Hungarian Government Scholarship Eligibility
Those who would like to apply for this scholarship to study in Europe will be selected on the basis of the following criteria
- Citizenship and residency of one of the eligible countries;
- Excellent school achievements;
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English);
- Good health;
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred).
- Heinrich Böll Foundation scholarships in Germany;
- University of Winnipeg Graduate Scholarship to Study in Canada;
- Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship;
- Mackenzie King Scholarships to Study in Canada;
- Government of Azerbaijan Scholarship for International Students.
Eligible candidates must prepare and send their application package (consisting of the required documents) by E-MAIL to [email protected].
- Application form duly completed;
- A recent curriculum vitae;
- A copy of high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment;
- A copy of certificate of proficiency in English;
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number;
- A letter of recommendation;
- Statement of motivation;
- Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor;
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by local police authority.
Note: All submitted documents must be in ENGLISH. Documents submitted in any other language will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that documents are duly translated and certified by a competent office; and that each document is saved with a name that identifies what it is.
Paper copies of dossiers received by post or courier or any other way, will not be taken into consideration. Applicants who were not selected in previous years may re-apply to the 2022-2023 Program. These applicants will have to submit the complete dossier once again by EMAIL ONLY. All queries concerning the program or the application process should be E-MAILED to FAO at: [email protected].
The application deadline is . For more detail on the FAO Hungarian Government Scholarship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.