Applicants are invited by the International Peace Research Association Foundation to apply for the 2021-2022 Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship in Peace and Development Studies for Women from countries in the Global South.
Dorothy Senesh was a long-time activist for international peace and justice. Her husband, Lawrence, established this fellowship following her death in 1989. The first award was made at the IPRA 25th Anniversary conference, July 1990, in Groningen, Netherlands and has been made biennially ever since.
- Host Institutions: Any university.
- Field of Study: Any graduate program in communications, conversion from military to civilian production, defense and disarmament, ecological security, food policy, human rights and development, internal conflict resolution, international conflict resolution, nonviolence, peace building in crisis areas, peace education, peace movements, refugees, religious conflict, and women and peace.
- Number of Awards: 2.
- Duration: 2 years.
- Target group: Open to citizens of countries in the Global South.
Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship Benefits
The Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship is provided every two years to two women (to cover school expenses) in the amount of $5,000 per year for two years.
Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship Eligibility
Application for the Fellowship Program is open for candidates, who meet the following criteria:
- be a women from countries in the Global South;
- who have completed a Bachelor’s degree,
- who have been accepted into a graduate program,
- and whose graduate work is to be focused on issues related to the goals of IPRA.
- Funds will only be dispersed when the selected candidate is admitted into a graduate program.
- Awards are considered based on need; therefore students with substantial funding sources are less likely to be considered for the award.
- This fellowship is not for research purposes and proposals. Do not apply if you are male, if you are an undergraduate, or if you are not from a country in the Global South.
Interested applicants need to email one copy of the application form to the program administrative assistant Ms. Crystal N. Money at: [email protected].
- Application form (English, French or Spanish).
- Letter of Acceptance to your graduate program (maybe pdf)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (recommenders must email letters directly to Ms. Crystal Money at [email protected].)
The application deadline is . For more detail on the Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.