Applications are now opened for the Holland Scholarship for Non-EEA International Students. The scholarship program is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their Bachelor’s or Master’s in the Netherlands.
This scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science as well as several Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The Holland Scholarship is awarded to international students wishing to study in the Netherlands.
If you’re still not sure whether Holland is a good destination for you, please read the following. In Holland, you have access to more than 2,100 English taught programs at universities that provide high quality education. You will be part of an international community, have the opportunity to develop valuable skills and live in a country that have he rest of Europe at its doorstep. Furthermore, Holland is believed to be one of the safest and happiest countries in the world.
Holland Scholarship for International Students Details
- Host Institutions: Please find list of host institutions in the Netherlands below.
- Eligible programs: Available programs at host institutions (from Humanities to engineering and sciences).
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: One year.
- Target group: Open to students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Holland Scholarship for International Students Benefits
The Holland Scholarship for Non-EEA International Students amounts to €5,000 and the grant is awarded for one year and can only be received once. However, this amount can be higher at some host institutions. For example, the scholarship amounts to €5,000, €10,000 or €15,000 at the Utrecht University.
Participating research universities
Please find below, the list of Dutch research universities which can host Holland Scholarship holders. Specific deadlines and fields of study are available on each institution’s program page website.
- Leiden University
- Utrecht University
- University of Groningen
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Maastricht University
- VU Amsterdam
- Radboud University
- Tilburg University
- Delft University of Technology
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- University of Twente
- Wageningen University
- Protestant Theological University
- Theological University Apeldoorn
- Theological University.
participating universities of applied sciences
Here is the list of Dutch universities of applied sciences within which, this scholarship is tenable.
- Aeres University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdam University of the Arts
- ArtEZ Institute of the Arts
- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Codarts Rotterdam
- Driestar educatief
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- Hotelschool The Hague
- Royal Academy of Art, The Hague
- Inholland university of Applied Sciences
- Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HAN University of Applied Sciences
- HKU University of Applied Sciences
- HZ University of Applied Sciences
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences
- NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
- Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences.
Holland Scholarship for International Students Eligibility
To apply for the Holland Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- hold a citizenship of a non-EEA country;
- applying for a full-time Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program at one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions;
- meet the specific requirements of the institution of your choice. You can find these on the website of the institution;
- do not have a degree from an education institution in the Netherlands.
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship To Study in Canada;
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University Scholarships;
- Ashinaga Africa Initiative to Support Orphaned Students;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at HIT;
- DAAD University Summer Courses in Germany for All;
- Turkish Government Research Scholarship.
The deadline for application is either or . Please check the website of the institution of your choice to confirm the correct deadline.
Please find your program in the overview of participating research institutions or in the overview of participating universities of applied sciences. You will find detailed information about the application procedure and deadlines in the links provided in both lists.
The university will contact you to let you know if you have been awarded a scholarship. For more info on the Holland Scholarship for Non-EEA International Students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.