Application for the UNFPA Internship Programme are currently being received. The Internship programme is offered to selected group of students to help them acquire work experience through direct exposure to UNFPA operations.
The United Nations Population Fund (formerly known as United Nations Fund for Population Activities) internship programme has been designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of UNFPA work.
Applicants should have the ability to adapt to new environments, work with different peoples and show their interest in the field of development. Interns profiles are matched with the organization’s needs.
- Host institution: The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in the United States of America.
- Areas of Work: UNFPA work areas.
- Number of positions: Not specified.
- Duration: Not specified.
- Target group: Open to all nationalities.
UNFPA Internship Programme Benefits
The internship programme benefits are as follows:
- Interns are not financially remunerated by UNFPA for their work but may receive a stipend to help cover basic daily expenses related to the internship, when not financially supported by any institution or programme, such as a university, government, foundation, or scholarship programme.
- The costs associated with an intern’s participation in the programme must be assumed either by the students themselves or by the nominating institution, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students.
- Students will have to meet living expenses as well as make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and other requirements. In addition, applicants must have medical insurance for the duration of the internship.
- Proof of insurance will need to be submitted before the Internship begins.
UNFPA Internship Programme Eligibility
interns are selected on a competitive basis. Their profile are matched with the needs of the organization. Candidates need to have following qualifications in order to apply:
- Students should be enrolled in an advanced degree programme or;
- Have graduated within the last 12 months;
- Students must have written and spoken proficiency in English;
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic is an asset.
- World Bank Group Young Professionals Program Benefits;
- CERN Junior Fellowship Programme for Graduate Students;
- UNICEF Internship Programme For All Nationalities;
- Internship Program At FAO (The Food And Agriculture Organization);
- United Nations Volunteers Programme For All Nationalities;
- World Youth Alliance Regional and Headquarter Internship Program.
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the UNFPA Internship Programme must click on the apply button below to create an account and follow instructions to submit their applications. When you click on the apply button, you will reach a page where you need to find “Link to post” (at the bottom of the page) and click on “Apply Now”.
Candidates can submit their applications for the UNFPA Internship Programme till . For more details, please visit the official page.