Those who would like to get hands-on experience within an international organization are welcome to apply for the OPEC Fund for International Development Internship Program. The internship program aims to enable students from diverse academic backgrounds to experience working with an international organization.
Interns are assigned to different departments/units depending on their interests and qualifications, and according to departmental needs. The Internship Program offers opportunities to focus on one or more of the following: public sector operations; private sector and trade finance operations; grants; financial management; risk management; strategic planning and economic services; internal audit; human resources; administration; communication; legal services; and Information Technology.
The OPEC Fund was established by the member countries of OPEC in 1976 with a distinct purpose: to drive development, strengthen communities and empower people. Our work is people-centered, focusing on financing projects that meet essential needs, such as food, energy, infrastructure, employment (particularly relating to MSMEs), clean water and sanitation, healthcare, and education. To date, the OPEC Fund has committed more than US$22 billion to development projects in over 125 countries, with an estimated total project cost of US$187 billion.
- Host institution: The OPEC Fund for International Development, headquartered in Austria.
- Areas of Work: public sector operations, private sector, and trade finance operations, grants, financial management, risk management, strategic planning and economic services, internal audit, human resources, administration, communication, legal services, and information technology.
- Number of positions: Not specified.
- Duration: two and six months.
- Target group: Open to all.
OPEC Fund for International Development Internship Program Benefits
Selected candidates for the OPEC Fund Internship Program will gain hands-on experience and other advantages that have not been listed in the call. The Internship Program runs for between two and six months and is designed to:
- a framework to support students assigned to any OPEC Fund department so that the focus remains on enriching the student’s experience;
- an immersive experience so that students gain practical experience of working for an international organization; and
- the opportunity for students to understand the OPEC Fund’s vision, mission, and related values.
Work assignments undertaken by interns may include:
- Conducting research;
- Writing documents;
- Organizing information; and
- Assisting employees with their day-to-day work.
OPEC Fund for International Development Internship Program Eligibility
To apply for this program, applicants must be:
- between 19 and 25 years of age;
- and enrolled in an undergraduate program (having completed at least two years) or graduate program. Alternatively, applicants may be recent graduates, having graduated a maximum of one year before the application deadline.;
- Proficient in English. Knowledge of an additional language (e.g. French, Spanish, Arabic) is an asset;
- Computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office);
- Keenly interested in the work of the OPEC Fund;
- Able to demonstrate cultural awareness; and
- Able to demonstrate the OPEC Fund’s core values (Integrity, Empowerment, Excellence, Innovation, Community).
- UNICEF Internship Program For All Nationalities;
- Internship Program at FAO (The Food And Agriculture Organization);
- United Nations Volunteers Program For All Nationalities.
Eligible Applicants must click on the apply button below and navigate to the bottom right side of the page. Then click on “Apply Now” and follow the instructions to create an account and submit your application through the e-recruitment system.
Candidates must submit:
- The online application form;
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- A copy of their university diploma or equivalent, or an original letter of confirmation from a university/school certifying the applicant is/was an undergraduate student;
- A copy of their most recent university transcripts, showing the cumulative GPA or equivalent; and
- A short statement in English (about 150-250 words) outlining their motivation for applying.
- Successful candidates must be able to present a valid health or medical insurance policy for Austria or a similar certificate proving he/she will be fully covered from a medical perspective for the duration of the program.
- Due to a large volume of applications, the OPEC Fund will only enter into further correspondence with shortlisted candidates.
- All applications must be in English;
- Please upload the statement and transcripts under the ‘Additional documents’ section of the application form; and
- Please answer all the questions on the application form.
Applications are currently being received and ongoing. For more detail on the OPEC Fund for International Development Internship Program, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.